CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default A few pictures of the old girl after getting her home...

So yeah, I had to get her all cleaned up as best I could. Washed, clayed and waxed and vacuumed. Still need to do the interior but I am confident that the exterior is as good as can be had from her.

Enjoy!

edit*
    apparently I can't upload from my PC directly or via my google image links. meh. She is clean and feels smooth. I am happy.IMG_20150903_142658.jpg

IMG_20150903_142742.jpg

IMG_20150903_142752.jpg

IMG_20150903_142731.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20150903_142803.jpg‎  
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Seth needs that shit back now.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Fuck that guy! He NEEDS to learn how to drive as well as he diagrams!
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Another fucking Celica post. This place is going to shit.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Another fucking Celica post. This place is going to shit.
    Aren't you supposed to be drunk already?

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

congrats. I was wondering who bought her.

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

That's a remarkable improvement. Lol.

Main reason I never did that stuff was because she was parked outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Seth needs that shit back now.
    So it was kind of funny. I was going to pick Mario up from the airport in Tris. But she got crunched the night before, so when Mario informed me that he landed, I informed him that there would be a change of plans. So I had him take me to go get a rental car. Lol
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Finding a rental in your area was surprisingly difficult. That and cocaine Barbie's attitude didn't help either.
    - Mario

Questions?

She is still going to be parked outside but I would rather have her in as best shape as possible so that I can focus on maintaining it now instead of looking at a full respray. Because I can't afford one. LOL
    - Mario

Questions?

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25 View Post
    Finding a rental in your area was surprisingly difficult. That and cocaine Barbie's attitude didn't help either.
    I'm also certain my own attitude didn't help very much. Mainly because "Not being a complete dick" doesn't qualify as "being nice" really.

That was just one of those situations where even my monkey ass knew that the only thing I could do was just grab my stuff and walk out.

My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.

For real though, bitchy or not, 10/10 would bang.

Yeah bro I understand. It was especially annoying because we had called them not 10 minutes prior.
    I honestly admired that you chose to leave rather than make a fuss over something that was not fixable/
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

For real though, bitchy or not, 10/10 would bang.
    Um, duh. I dunno why you wouldn't. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    Yeah bro I understand. It was especially annoying because we had called them not 10 minutes prior.
    I honestly admired that you chose to leave rather than make a fuss over something that was not fixable/
    Lol, I just have sort of become adept at noticing when shit's not fixable. I only really fight the battles I stand a chance to benefit from.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Cool! I'm glad she stayed in the family!
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bloodMoney View Post
    Cool! I'm glad she stayed in the family!
    Me too.

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MCcelica View Post
    Me too.
    And me! I got to give her new spark plugs before she left. I feel honored.

...we all have a serious problem.

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

I have since making it home replaced the coil packs (That one was actually arcing like we thought) Found the oil leak (the oil pan drain plug was loose) ordered replacement underbody plastics, found the big ass exhaust leak (Pre-catalytic converter section looks like someone stick welded it while blind. ) Diagnosed the AC system and the whole thing needs replacing. (Condenser is smashed in, compressor is bad and there is a blockage in the lines.) 3rd gear grinds and has some engagement issues. I think it is a matter of needing new bushings since it needs to be wiggled into gear. Upstream O2 has been replaced (threw codes for O2 sensors once I got to the bottom of the Sierras), still need to wait for money to replace downstream O2. Underbody bushings and suspension need replacing soon but are still thankfully intact. There is no rust on the underbody of the car and it is in good solid shape. Still need to get the remaining things above fixed and then get it smogged. I don't anticipate any issues after I get things taken care of and have the exhaust welded up properly.
    The drive was really comfortable and I never had my legs fall asleep or any back pain so definite plus. Still getting used to the window and door lock controls being in the center along with the cup holders being more in the rear. The instrument cluster is really nice and easy to read. I leave the vents closed since with the exhaust manifold up against the firewall it only blows hot air. After detailing the car, she is much happier. Her engine bay is shiny and her wheels are clean and her paint is smooth.
    Last edited by Shadowlife25; 09-13-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

I have since making it home replaced the coil packs (That one was actually arcing like we thought)
    Oh yeah... Never really thought about those. Good deal.

Found the oil leak (the oil pan drain plug was loose)
    Lies...?

ordered replacement underbody plastics,
    Lol why? Hahahah fair word of warning. Those already got fully replaced once. Just sayin'.

found the big ass exhaust leak (Pre-catalytic converter section looks like someone stick welded it while blind. )
    That could actually be. I don't weld, so the dude that did it could have been blind. Lol

Diagnosed the AC system and the whole thing needs replacing. (Condenser is smashed in, compressor is bad and there is a blockage in the lines.)
    Condenser, though smashed in, has always worked well in fact. Compressor shouldn't be bad, but I would believe a blockage in the lines. Like I said, there's also a big hole somewhere too.

3rd gear grinds and has some engagement issues. I think it is a matter of needing new bushings since it needs to be wiggled into gear.
    Shit, you high son! You just don't know how to drive. Either that or you just don't have the relationship with the car. First I've heard of any engagement issues with third.

Underbody bushings and suspension need replacing soon but are still thankfully intact.
    That's probably where that rattle was coming from. But yeah, it's been a while since I did the struts.

There is no rust on the underbody of the car and it is in good solid shape. Still need to get the remaining things above fixed and then get it smogged. I don't anticipate any issues after I get things taken care of and have the exhaust welded up properly.
    The drive was really comfortable and I never had my legs fall asleep or any back pain so definite plus. Still getting used to the window and door lock controls being in the center along with the cup holders being more in the rear. The instrument cluster is really nice and easy to read. I leave the vents closed since with the exhaust manifold up against the firewall it only blows hot air. After detailing the car, she is much happier. Her engine bay is shiny and her wheels are clean and her paint is smooth.
    Glad the drive home didn't break you, dude. Driving any other car is now weird for me, since I'm still used to having the locks/windows in the middle. Lol

AC system I had tested yesterday bro. System holds full pressure for 20 minutes with zero drop. Same for vacuum. Condenser while still functional is bent to shit so I just wanted it to be new. The compressor though it technically "works" will not engage and the system only blows hot air even with power directly applied to the compressor unit. It also seems to have not been properly filled with oil before installation which allowed sediment to enter the main lines and create blockages. Not bitching about any of the issues man, just a list more for my own remembering than anything.

The oil drain plug was in fact decently loose. Not enough to gush but definitely enough for me to lose 1.5qts on the drive back. I got under her yesterday and remedied this.

Underbody plastics NEED to be there. They help channel airflow through the radiator and throughout the engine bay. I will ensure that they are fully secured.

The rattle is actually coming mainly from the driver side fog lamp housing. Something is loose and I can not get the assembly out to pinpoint it.

3rd gear is the only one that has engagement issues. All the rest are buttery smooth.

The weld job on the exhaust looks like it was done by a blind drunken toddler who had to go potty. It's that bad. There is like a solid 1/4 inch of pure slag the whole way around where those welds are. I mean there wasn't even an effort made to grind that shit off. Whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves.

I am happy though. She now starts much better and no longer has the slow start issue that she did initially. Seems a little bit more tourquey now as well.
    - Mario

Questions?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The oil drain plug was in fact decently loose. Not enough to gush but definitely enough for me to lose 1.5qts on the drive back. I got under her yesterday and remedied this.
    Them Colorado boys & oil leaks....
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Lol well in all fairness it was no Black Lake.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

AC system I had tested yesterday bro. System holds full pressure for 20 minutes with zero drop. Same for vacuum. Condenser while still functional is bent to shit so I just wanted it to be new. The compressor though it technically "works" will not engage and the system only blows hot air even with power directly applied to the compressor unit. It also seems to have not been properly filled with oil before installation which allowed sediment to enter the main lines and create blockages. Not bitching about any of the issues man, just a list more for my own remembering than anything.

Underbody plastics NEED to be there. They help channel airflow through the radiator and throughout the engine bay. I will ensure that they are fully secured.

The rattle is actually coming mainly from the driver side fog lamp housing. Something is loose and I can not get the assembly out to pinpoint it.

3rd gear is the only one that has engagement issues. All the rest are buttery smooth.

The weld job on the exhaust looks like it was done by a blind drunken toddler who had to go potty. It's that bad. There is like a solid 1/4 inch of pure slag the whole way around where those welds are. I mean there wasn't even an effort made to grind that shit off. Whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves.

I am happy though. She now starts much better and no longer has the slow start issue that she did initially. Seems a little bit more tourquey now as well.
    Lol, well fuck me running for not turning the damn drain bolt. So weird. I swear I know what I'm doing. .

I just figured I'd try to save you some money on the condenser really. I mean, I got it from the previous owner like that. Worked perfectly the entire time I had it. But if you've done it all, already and it works, groovy!

I still think your issues with 3rd gear are made up. That's one where I reject your reality and substitute my own. Learn how to drive, dick!

I think the local Midas did the exhaust. I don't remember. But it would definitely explain it.

New Upstream O2 sensor is in. Downstream O2 sensor will need replacing as it was cross-threaded in the bung so both will need to be replaced.
    Exhaust is now properly welded up. No more leaks or fumes and both idle and engaging gears is much smoother without the leak. (YAY!)
    Waiting on the driver side under plastic to show up sometime next week and those will get put in. I will likely take care of the rattling fog lamp housing at the same time.

Really happy with the car. Just trying to get her in good order before committing to her as my only car.
    - Mario

Questions?

New Upstream O2 sensor is in. Downstream O2 sensor will need replacing as it was cross-threaded in the bung so both will need to be replaced.
    Exhaust is now properly welded up. No more leaks or fumes and both idle and engaging gears is much smoother without the leak. (YAY!)
    Waiting on the driver side under plastic to show up sometime next week and those will get put in. I will likely take care of the rattling fog lamp housing at the same time.

Really happy with the car. Just trying to get her in good order before committing to her as my only car.
    What the hell are you doing with the All-trac??

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Most likely going to sell it.
    Aesthetically it needs: Paint, new seats
    Engine runs perfectly well.
    Driveablility: it needs new suspension.
    Still has an electrical drain somewhere, I installed a battery kill switch and there is no issue.
    That is about it.
    - Mario

Questions?

Images

She'll warm up to you, dude. She likes people who replace parts on her. She hated my wife.

Thread Information