CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Where are the st165 exhaust options?

I want to put a full 3 inch system in the car, but I can't find any manufacturer who still makes it for the St165. I can't for the life of me find a manufacturer that still makes the 3 inch down pipe with the right flange. Some of the eBay ones say they fit, but it's a 6 bolt flange, so that is bs. Does anybody know of one still being produced?

At least It seems like mid pipe and muffler are usable from an st185. But even then, options are super limited. I'm only finding obx or hks. And one guy makes a mid pipe for a huge chunk of change. That's all I'm finding.

Anybody know of something still being made that is maybe obscure to find?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I can't speak to if there is anybody still manufactuering them. You can find used ones come up for sale from time to time across the Celica communities. For Jasmine (my old swapped ST162) I took it to an exhaust shop and had a full 3" exhaust built from downpipe back. It sounded great.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

looks like I'll probably have to do the same. But I have to find a downpipe at least, to get me started.

What muffler did you use? I'm going to start researching mufflers that produce a very low, deep tone. I hate the raspy/tinny fart can sound.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
    looks like I'll probably have to do the same. But I have to find a downpipe at least, to get me started.

What muffler did you use? I'm going to start researching mufflers that produce a very low, deep tone. I hate the raspy/tinny fart can sound.
    I can't speak for a turbo application, but I had a Flowmaster 40 series on my 5S-FE and it sounded nice... loud, but nice. I could set off aftermarket car alarms (vibration).

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Here's the exhaust I had on my ST162. It had a ST215 motor (gen4 3sgte) and a 3" exhaust from the downpipe all the way to the back. The muffler was a Magnaflow Street Series muffler.

Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Ats responded, no go for them. Waiting on an answer from berk

I'm at a loss for finding a downpipe for this car...

Images

To widen your options you can swap out the stock ST165 manifold for a ST185 manifold. There's more support for the 2nd gen motor than the 1st.

Her Build thread -->

Thread Information