CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Alltrac rear subframe maintenance

What should be done on this?

I've dropped the subframe and will be re-installing it in another 'Trac. Right away I noticed the differential mount is hosed and needs replacement. I didn't like how the lower links looked from subframe to chassis.

Anything else while I'm under there? I'm replacing the passenger axle as well due to fuxoered threads.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

When I get to this point I will be changing all the bushings and rust-proofing with por15 or a similar product for the cradle and underbody as well.
    90 Celica Alltrac (code-name Project Phoenix)
    94 Celica GT (Selene)

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I'll blast the subframe and stuff with my washer & some purple power to clean it up. I'm not going to POR15 it though as that's overkill in my neck of the woods.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

POR15 isn't just for rust Tim, it is like a hardened enamel coating. Won't chip or crack, keeps everything really nice for a long long time.
    Also, you don't need a sprayer to use it. Just brush it on and you are done.
    Think of it like armor for metal parts.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I replaced all of the bushings in mine this winter. Car feels like new now. But that can be a big job. Depends how much work you want to put in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Any chance of you posting a part and cost list to do the rear subframe job? I would appreciate it.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I certainly could. Of course I did absolutely everything, not everyone would have to...

1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    I certainly could. Of course I did absolutely everything, not everyone would have to...

I would be very interested in this as well. Seeing as how I have it out already and know I need to replace a lot of bushings and bearings I may as well do all.

Thanks Chris.

Her Build thread -->

I'm interested in the full list too. I just purchased my alltrac, and I'm sure after 150k and 28 years, it's gonna need it.

I'm going to be pulling my subframe soon, so I too am interested

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Thread Information