CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Concerns before I buy an ST165 shell for my 215 swap

I have what I think is a unique situation which is why I came up short during my research but here is my story/question:

Recently I found an Alltrac for sale here in town at a cheap price. The first gen 3S was removed for a rebuild that was put on hold that is also included with the offer. It has a re-manufactured head as well. Anyway, I have an 89 non-abs celica gts with a 215 swap in it with a tweak harness. My question is what would I need to do to make my harness work in the alltrac? From what I read during the research phase is that the ABS systems in these cars were standalone. Is this correct? What else besides ABS would need to be converted?

That is all guys. I just don't want to regret my decision in buying it this week without knowing my harness will work. Thanks for your time.
    It's all about working hard for what you really want. For that dream you've had for years, and then smoke people with it.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It won't be a direct swap between the two. The St165 engine fusebox is different than the ST162. I could try to get some pictures of the St165 fusebox I have if that'd help. I'll be swapping a St165 with a 215 here also. I'll text the guy doing my harness to see if he knows offhand.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->

I was looking at a thread earlier today about obtaining the correct fuse box and it should work. Not sure about that though. Either way please find out cause I'll have both fuse boxes and harnesses.
    It's all about working hard for what you really want. For that dream you've had for years, and then smoke people with it.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I'll be (trying) to move mine to the garage to strip down. I'll pull it and check for you.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Cool thanks. Did you have your harness converted locally?

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Can I get a TLR?
    I have a 165 and a 162 sitting here I can compare between if needed.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Images

No Abraham I didn't. The harness you have that came with Jasmine was done by Tweak. I'll be having MR220v do my next one. There is a local importer here (Akina Motorsports) out in Tempe that does harness conversions. I just found out about them a few minutes ago in looking for something else.
    Last edited by 4thgenceli; 03-12-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Her Build thread -->

Court investments - $25,475 and counting. Mr.Shaun91 is on a distinguished road Mr.Shaun91's Avatar
    Mr.Shaun91 has donated to the forums!

Timmy,

have you talked with Akina? those guys are great over there. The owner filled in a lot of blanks i had when i did the turbo on my 5s. good guys there. you shouldnt have any issues.
    95 4Runner SR5 4X4 - DD
    91 Celica GTS 5s-fte- DEAD with 348k on the clock
    90 Celica GT - DEAD parts car

One day with the help of Gods good grace
    Phantom

TOYOTA = To Obliterate Your Obsolite Torqueless AntiClimax

Images

I have not. I called them a few days ago trying to get a quote for a 215 or 205 combo and have yet to hear back from them.

Her Build thread -->

Court investments - $25,475 and counting. Mr.Shaun91 is on a distinguished road Mr.Shaun91's Avatar
    Mr.Shaun91 has donated to the forums!

Call them back i say, that shop is utterly busy every time ive gone by. before i did any work to my 91gts, the owner had a built 3sgte he was trying to sell for 1500, complete with full turbo and intercooler system, oh and he was going to fix me up with a harness for that price too. good guys over there.
    95 4Runner SR5 4X4 - DD
    91 Celica GTS 5s-fte- DEAD with 348k on the clock
    90 Celica GT - DEAD parts car

One day with the help of Gods good grace
    Phantom

TOYOTA = To Obliterate Your Obsolite Torqueless AntiClimax

Thread Information