CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Instrument Lighting Gen 5

Hi guys, can someone tell me if a instrument brightness control was fitted to a imported 1992 st185 ? the reason i ask is that my cluster lighting seems very low but i cannot see a way of increasing the brightness, thanks

Yes it has one. Round knob about 20mm diameter on the left side of the dash. Basically where your left knee area is. It has a small icon of a light bulb on it.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Cheers for that

Hi again, is that left or right hand drive ?

Left

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

My RHD car has a blanked out spot but no dimmer, it seems to be locked at about 2/3 brightness compared to my LHD car that does have a dimmer.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

I have an after market switch for the rear fog lamp where the dimmer switch should be

Mine doesn't seem to have a dimmer and its a 90 GT-Four, also a few of my lights seem burned out ATM so it's really dim at night. Missing in some areas.
    If there was a switch there it should have been near my right knee.

I play well with others....
    Others, Not you.

Going to change all the bulbs in the dash, see if that makes a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, check battery voltage with the car off and then again while running and then again with the lights on. Should give you a decent idea of the health of the charging system.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Thread Information