CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Have: 8-pin rear fog light switch for Euro 6gen celica. Need: corresponding wire diagram

As the title says, I have the rear fog light button that goes into the LHD driver side vent bezel. I'm going to be using it for front fog lights instead of the rear fog lights it was designed to control. I bought it from a guy overseas and didn't know it would have a mini logic board inside of it. I thought it would be a simple switch, but it is not. It came from a EU model 6th Gen Celica with rear fog lights (brake lights work as fog lights), I just don't know why there are this many wires, nor can I find a wire diagram that shows the EU rear fog light wiring.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these diagrams? Or if there is a Euro Celica forum I can get on? (besides paying to get on GT4OC).

If nothing else I'm going to resolder this circuit board so it will work the way I want, I would rather find a wire diagram though.

Last edited by match220; 02-27-2015 at 08:46 PM.
    95 Convertible Celica GT powered by JDM Gen III 3sgte, built internals, Audi 1.8t individual coils, and Autronic SM4
    build videos on
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by match220 View Post
    As the title says, I have the rear fog light button that goes into the LHD driver side vent bezel. I bought it from a guy overseas and didn't know it would have a mini logic board inside of it. I thought it would be a simple switch, but it is not. It came from a EU model 6th Gen Celica with rear fog lights (brake lights work as fog lights), I just don't know why there are this many wires, nor can I find a wire diagram that shows the EU rear fog light wiring.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these diagrams? Or if there is a Euro Celica forum I can get on? (besides paying to get on GT4OC).

If nothing else I'm going to resolder this circuit board so it will work the way I want, I would rather find a wire diagram though.
    Take some photos and put them up here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I would have popped it out of the vent bezel but I would have had to run upstairs for a flathead

It has 8 pins, a row of 6 pins and two other pins above the far left and right of the bottom pin row.

It seems like it is momentary on, and there is a circuitboard inside with a little logic. It isn't some basic resistors and LED lights, it is more complex than that. I found a post on 6gc.net where some guys determined the pinout mostly, but when connected it doesn't work properly. (link is at the bottom)

about 7/8ths the way down is the pinout that someone has, but it isn't perfect
    http://www.6gc.net/forums/index.php?...&hl=\rear+fog\
    95 Convertible Celica GT powered by JDM Gen III 3sgte, built internals, Audi 1.8t individual coils, and Autronic SM4
    build videos on

werent the EU tailights the same as the japense taillights in regaurds to the built in fog lights? If so there may be a harness piece u are missing for the rear area of the car
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

I should have mentioned that I'm using these for regular front fog lights, I'll edit the first post to say that.

Since I'm using this as a front fog light switch I don't need the full harness, I'll be wiring up my own little harness for it.
    build videos on

This may have the diagram you're looking for:
    http://www.gt4oc.net/forums/files/To...am_Oct1993.pdf

Thanks! It definitely is good to have that lying around. But it appears that the wire diagram for the reverse fog lights covers only the 4 pin push button like the one I bought. I can't tell for sure though. I read that there is a 4 pin switch I think on the 94/95 celicas and the 8 pin is on the 96->. Is there a newer wire diagram book?
    build videos on

Thread Information