CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Member RickyNo will become famous soon enough

Default Celica Twin Turbo V8

Some of yuou might already have seen this, anyway, here it is.

A Celica GT-Four converted to RWD with a 1UZ-FTE V8 4.0L motor Twin Turbo. Motor model present in some Lexus.

video: http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=V8-Celica-GT4
    under-hood pics: http://www.alsc.aus.as/messages/1/26251.html?1082042524

Quite a beast.
    You morons have vacancy signs on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!

thats nuts! where did you find that?

too bad the underhoods don't work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MrWOT's and Nukes knowledge ownz U!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/820954

_Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

WoW i can only imagine the bucks that have went into that car. Awsome sound to it as well ..

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Never seen that particular video before.. good stuff.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Yeah Justen has put a lot of work into that car. He's running 8 440 cc/min injectors on there...thats a lot of fuel! (4 of them from my car)
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Senior Member RickyNo will become famous soon enough

Just noticed another thread existed on this. ooops.
    You morons have vacancy signs on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!

he put a lot of money into it, sure. . . but can he drive in a straight line for more than a second?

Originally Posted by Colossus20v
    ^The years of ninja training helped...

with lsd and good tires... i'm sure he'd be fine.

MrWOT's and Nukes knowledge ownz U!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/820954

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Now spend an even more insane ammount of money and mount it transverse, mated to the awd trans
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

This should have been in custom engineering forum.

Moderators move it if you want.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

I bought Justen's GRP-A ECU and AFM. I rock!
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

Classique71

yup its a weapon - and well known now amonst the aussies - its a regular runner in some of our cruises - and dropped many a jaw at its first public outing!

As a side note - My gt4 has the origina group A motor from justens car - modified but by no way is it as awesome as this machine

Member -==L=a=N=c=E==- is on a distinguished road -==L=a=N=c=E==-'s Avatar

Queensland Australia! Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie Oi Oi Oi

You guys might appreciate these 2 vids. They were from the GroupA meet that was organised in our capital.

No guesses to which one is the UZ185.

http://ugbox.net/~lance/Stuff/Flyby1.avi
    http://ugbox.net/~lance/Stuff/LeavingNBA.avi
    Pure ST185 GT-Four goodness, non swapper

I'm really curious how this thing handles.. From the videos it seems all over the place. I know that is usually intentional, but... is it in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by RallyK
    I'm really curious how this thing handles.. From the videos it seems all over the place. I know that is usually intentional, but... is it in this case?
    The car ought to weigh less than it did prior to the change so it probably handles better than before.
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

vrooom. . . . . vrooom. . . . vrooom. . . . BZZEEEEEEER . . . . vrooom

(p.s. that is the only sound I could come up with for it)

Classique71

from what justen says its got a better wieght balance than a gt4 -though i guess the suspensions still a work in progress .. Knowing him though he'll make a way of getting that power to the ground effectively!

OMG that is teh hotness. Oh god! I need to change my pants also

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!

How can it be lighter? He took out a 4 and put in an 8. Granted he took out AWD.. but kept it RWD. Lets get this straight.. The front axel is not powered, so he sh*t-canned the gears or maybe they're just disengaged. He still has a tranny and he still has the drive train all the way to the rear wheels. How can it be lighter? I don't get it.. V8s weigh more than 4s in just sheer mass. The only way I could see it getting lighter is if he converted it to FWD and lost all the weight in the back(which would be such a bad idea, but using it as an example).

n00b bubs is on a distinguished road

It runs a RWD gearbox like any other RWD car - the 1UZ-FE is an all alloy V8

I don't know if it is lighter, but there's nothing much left in the engine bay. He stripped most heavy stuffs out. 3sgte also has iron block. So it is pretty heavy.
    _Gary
    93 ST185
    91 ST185 (RIP)

all i have to say is.... this is how we sould have gotten our cars from the factory!
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Seriously guys, with the amount of power that machine has, who cares about an extra 50 lbs that it may or may not have.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Thread Information