CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lana the FR-S

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Default Lana the FR-S

So, just a small build thread for my recently acquired FR-S.

Aside from some cosmetics and an Android deck, I have no major plans for her. My goals are to:

-Black out the emblems
    -Get some spare headlights and taillights and black chrome the chrome inside.
    -As stated, Android deck. The stock one has no real audio control and the shuffle SUCKS.

And here is a group shot of my 3 babies.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The dealership screwed you over. Your steering wheel is upside down...
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I would have bought an FR-S if it had a Chrome Pony.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
    I would have bought an FR-S if it had a Chrome Pony.
    No car is perfect. I just wanted the 30 mpg, not so concerned with the 300 hp lol.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I purposely avoided those before buying Harmony. I didn't want to be swayed from the true and righteous path.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

I purposely avoided those before buying Harmony. I didn't want to be swayed from the true and righteous path.
    LOL!!! I was not too far off. I avoided the test drive cause I didn't want car payments, but knew the minute I drove her I would own her.

She did not disappoint.

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

My ex talked me into test driving a BRZ and now I have one... Wtf is up with that?

Sweet toyobaru man! You buy it new or used?

EDIT: Also, you should have bought a 3rd gen. Just sayin.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBear View Post
    My ex talked me into test driving a BRZ and now I have one... Wtf is up with that?

Why didn't Papa Bear just buy it himself?

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Technically used lol. Had 684 miles on it and is scion certified, so has the remainder of the stock warranty, which is another 2.5 years bumper to bumper and 6.5 drivetrain.

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by UtahSleeper View Post
    Technically used lol. Had 684 miles on it and is scion certified, so has the remainder of the stock warranty, which is another 2.5 years bumper to bumper and 6.5 drivetrain.
    Right on, can't complain too much about that!

Why didn't Papa Bear just buy it himself?
    Papa Bear doesn't like them. He thinks they drive OK but they don't do anything for him at all.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by UtahSleeper View Post
    How do you buy a car, drive it less than 700 miles and then get rid of it?

Unless it was a demo car I suppose.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

How do you buy a car, drive it less than 700 miles and then get rid of it?

Unless it was a demo car I suppose.
    Previous sale fell through it sounded like. It was bought by someone in July and the financing never went through. The car sat there for a long time and I imagine it got drove a bit. All I know is I got full warranties and with fee's only financed 22k with nothing down.

Fun cars to drive for sure!
    I have a great time driving my brz.
    Never got a chance to drive around in a frs tho.

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I did test drive an FRS. The handling on it is astronomically better than my 7th gen. (Despite stock springs/shocks, I do have some strut tower braces, which have helped to an extent). I mean the 7th gen is pretty nimble as is, and the FRS just blows it out of the water. With a turbo that thing would be scarily fun.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

^^This. Is exactly what I thought when I test drove the FRS.

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

That is what made me follow through with the purchase. The thing handles great!!! And since my DD was a 99 Altima, the power is more then enough for now.

Images

I went from an STI with 300whp to my BRZ. I miss power If all goes to plan this year I should be fixing that with some supercharging action!

Images

I went from an ST with 57WHP to a Mustang with 9001WHP...

Sorry, wrong thread...

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

I went from an STI with 300whp to my BRZ. I miss power If all goes to plan this year I should be fixing that with some supercharging action!
    That is what I would like to do further down the road when the warranty is up.

I went from an ST with 57WHP to a Mustang with 9001WHP...

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

I'm heavily considering an FR-S for my next car.

Love em!
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

My debate right now for my brz is supercharger vs turbo.
    I'm a big fan of having a big torque curvd like my sti so I think I will end up with fullblown motorsports turbo kit. Close to 300whp on 12 psi should be a blast!

Images

I've decided to go supercharger to keep the motor feeling linear. The kit I want also has an ability to upgrade to a bigger supercharger without having to change things around and can get around 400whp on E85 should I go that route. Most supercharger kits for these cars are really disappointing though. I wanted the Vortech one until I started working at Rallysport and saw their shop car that had that kit and realized how much of a pile of shit it is. Same with the innovate sc. The Kraftwerks or Jackson Racing kits actually make decent power and have some form of upgrade path.

So far I really can't say I love our FR-S. I consider it... a decent car, but it's kinda slow with an odd powerband, the traction control is weird and it really has barely more interior space than an MR-2 (not really true, but it feels like it). It's also kind of weird to see out of in parking situations. I dunno. It's fine, it's just.. meh, I dunno.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    So far I really can't say I love our FR-S. I consider it... a decent car, but it's kinda slow with an odd powerband, the traction control is weird and it really has barely more interior space than an MR-2 (not really true, but it feels like it). It's also kind of weird to see out of in parking situations. I dunno. It's fine, it's just.. meh, I dunno.
    Thats how cars work I guess. For me its great. More power then the Altima I use to drive and about the same space as my TE72 project. Since I am the only one in my car about 80% percent of the time, it has more then enough space for me. I have fun driving it around, and if I need big power I have other cars for that. I just wanted a car that handled great, and I feel it does that.

Plus, makes it easy when the future wife loves the car. Plus she is pleased I let her drive it lol.

Thread Information