CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Allie the Alltrac

Instead of having my build in the Intro section I figured I should build a proper project thread.
    This 1st post is crazy long as I wanted a quick history on my life with celica's.
    I've been part of the celica world now for almost 15 years now. A 91gts was my first car and 1st love for that matter and after a number of different projects I decided that this time I'd start from scratch and do it right.

This is my first Celica - picture from about 2004. She was slammed on the ground with an intake and thats about it. I decided to build a halftrac and was almost done when I got a new job that moved me to winnipeg. So like a stupid car guy I pulled the freshly built engine, bought a truck and drove halfway across the country. A fresh 3sgte but no car to put it in.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/mackul/media/CSwithIC2.jpg.html]

You can see the engine taking up half the bed of the truck. I miss that truck btw.

About 2-3 years later I stumbled up upon Allie. She was sitting at a shop that I drove by everyday until one morning I saw a for sale sign. I quickly did a U turn got the number and within 12 hours of it being for sale I owned it. It was relatively stock. Though did come with a 3 inch turbo back exhaust and a TWM short shifter. At the time I think I paid $1800.
    Here are a few pic's shortly after purchase.

She is/was a good car but did burn oil, needed new brake lines and though from far she looked great her floors were well.... hurting.
    Thankfully I had a spare freshly built motor.

After completing the engine swap I had a great year with it. I ran about 14+ autocross events and she was pretty competitive considering the cars she ran against but like every car guy I wanted more. So the winter came and I decided I might as well put a bigger turbo on, EMS, a side feed intake manifold bigger injectors etc. The car was put back together and I was working out the bugs when I found out I was going to be a father.

Project on Hold. No more money was to be spent. So she took what I thought was going to be a quick nap. My daughter turns 3 in feb 2015.

Shortly after the birth of my daughter an acquaintance of mine got into 2 small accidents with his 94 GT4 and Insurance wrote it off. How could I resist. So to my now wife's dismay another celica was in the garage.

I parted out a bunch of stuff and kept the drivetrain for myself and waited until the time was right to actually start a full build. Which brings me to the actual project.

With my celica rotting away I could see how I was going to save her until I found a guy in Montreal (8 hours away) selling a mint JDM shell. PERFECT. I was dead set on staying LHD but the JDM shell would give me all the panels I'd need to save my car.
    A crappy picture but this is both the JDM Car and mine hanging out in the garage before the deconstruction began.

Both Cars were completely stripped of everything! Every part, clip etc was removed.

Off she went for sandblasting and body work.

Now for some primer

The guys that did the body work went all out for me. After sandblasting the entire car was epoxied then all the imperfections were fixed. holes filled, dents fixed etc. Then it was epoxied once again then primer then onto paint. For paint color I chose Lexus LFA Whitest White. the paint code is 079 vs. the stock super white of 040

Now for the "completed car"
    Parts stored as nice as I could in the garage and the chassy ready for rebuild

Quick update.
    So I have the entire body harness laid out from front to back. Need to secure it in most places but will do that as I actually plug everything in especially the stuff behind the dash. Got to work last night and got the rear bumper and valance mounted. Almost got the tail lights in but have to go to the auto body shop today and buy a few clips.

Last edited by locker; 12-05-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Sound deadening.

One of the goals for my car is usability. I've got kids that I'll want to be able to drive around with and be able to hear them over the exhaust.

So start with a spayable seam sealer.
    We were able to get into rear quarters with some as well.
    Every inch of the underside of the car is also covered in this.
    Last edited by locker; 01-07-2015 at 03:45 AM.

reserved for project 2

reserved for project 3

reserved for project 4

reserved for project 5

reserved for project 6

reserved for project 7

reserved for project 8

reserved for project 9

reserved for project 1

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Very cool stuff. I hope to one day rebuilt a trac down to the shell.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Like I said in the other thread, great work! You are doing everything right with this build.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Total candidate for "as clean as Princess"

Bout time too. Someone has to keep that crabby old bastard The Captain on his toes!
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it. The next few months are going to a lot tedious work putting everything back together. I've got a few fun little add on's to the car that I'm excited to show that really only celica guys can appreciate. Basically some bonus things you can build when you have a few cars to pull from.
    As for Princess she really is inspiration. captain has done a great job of keeping true to car. I plan on doing much of the same though when I do finally get to the engine it won't look stock like his. Lots more pic's to come on the rebuild

So a big but boring night in the garage yesterday. My rear subframe, sway bars and hub's got back from sand blasting and did the 1st coat of POR15 on everything.
    Also stage 1 of sound deadening happens on Wednesday. My body guy is coming by and we are going to seamseal the floor as well as in the rear quarter's behind the speakers

Looking good!

Be careful when you use the seam sealer. Don't cover up any plugs or water channels.

POR15 is great stuff right!?
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

POR15 is amazing stuff! I've painted pretty well everything that goes under the car with it and looks great and is basically chip proof. Cost way more than regular paint but we'll worth it.

That stuff will easily last another 20 years. It is definitely worth the extra money and it looks like you are putting it to great use. This car is going to be fantastic when you finish it. Very excited for you!
    - Mario

Questions?

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

So... I'm not an alltrac fanboy but... *fap*

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

It's been slow progress over the past few weeks. I thought I was gonna have all this spare time but it just wasn't there. Oh well I suppose..
    I have gotten a few things done. Brake and clutch pedals are on and I finally got my clips for the wiring harness and got the trunk clipped in.
    Also got the interior sound deadening started. We sprayed the entire car with seam sealer and next I'm going to use the Ensolite package from Raamaudio.com.
    Here's a crappie pic of the interior.

You want to use the BXTII first, then the Ensolite over top. Ensolite by itself will only add a material barrier for rattles and filter out very high frequencies.
    It needs to be used with the BXTII in order to provide the desired result.

Definitely looking good so far though!
    - Mario

Questions?

I have the BXTII as well

Thread Information