CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech

Threaded View

Default 1991 Celica Springs

I'm refreshing the springs & dampers on my wife's 1991 Celica GT manual coupe. I'd like to keep the OEM ride height and a more comfortable ride - the car is her DD and we take it ice-racing and rallycrossing a few times a year. To those ends, I've ordered the OEM-style KYB Excel-G replacement struts and wanted to get new OEM springs to replace the current ones. It looks like there are a lot of different part numbers out there for springs, so I had a few questions.

Are there any springs that would keep the original ride height but be a little bit stiffer?
    - For example, would the liftback GT rear springs be a bit stiffer but otherwise interchange with the coupe?

Are the left & right springs the same for the front & back? Sometimes there are different part numbers, sometimes the notes say that they'll work on both sides.

What part numbers should I be looking for. As best as I've been able to tell, the front springs should be either "481312H310" or "481312M160", while the rears could be "482312G280" (although some sites list that as for the ST204), or "482312G470" for the liftback.

Thank you!
    Last edited by toplessFC3Sman; 11-04-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Thread Information