CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default my 1990 GT2 build

hey guys im in the process of building a 1990 celica GT2. i started with a 1990 GTS and blew up the 5s just last year. wanted to get some help sourcing some parts and possibly further info on whats interchangeable between the GT4 and the GTS. the first thing i need help with is sourcing suspension parts, id like to know if anyone knows where to get adjustable rear LCA's and trailing arms. and if the GT4 and GTS share the same rear LCA's and trailing arm. im looking for something like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	rear lca.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	3421
    any help would be appreciated.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

No, the ST185 does not share anything from the rear suspension with any of the FWD Celicas.

It is possible to build your own LCAs and adjustable suspension you are looking for from the proper parts.. There is also a company that makes the parts, or was looking at making the parts, there is a thread about it in the 5th Gen forums.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yoda for President

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

technotoytuning (t3) is that company, here's the link https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/st184.

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

you have no idea how long ive been searching for something like this!! you guys are awesome! I was looking at this website earlier to build my own but if I can buy them ready to drop in id much rather do that! heres the website for anyone whos interested in building their own http://www.qscomponents.com/
    my next question is where could I source an ST185 body harness that's really the only thing I need to get her plugged in and running

hey guys back at the build! ive ordered the rear sway bar, rear control arms and trailing arms and a bunch of other crap! you guys have been good to me so far so heres my next challenge! I cant seem to find a front sway bar for this thing anywhere! anny suggestions would be appreciated. I did come across this website http://www.importpartspro.com/50210.html but im not sure if it will fit my st184, also does anyone know if the st185 front sway bar fits the st184?

Anyone?

The general consensus is that a rear swaybar upgrade is good, and front sway bar upgrades are bad for our cars (front sway bars are generally bad for fwd cars).

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I removed my front sway bar.

Stay with the stock front sway bar, upgrade the rear. Upgrading the front just keeps the car understeering.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

ill just have to buy an OEM sway bar then, ive chucked the stock one ill post up some pics of my progress when I get chance some of the parts have arrived!

Thread Information