CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WRC suspention

Default WRC suspention

Just curious. What kind of shocks struts did the st185 wrc cars have so they could get 4" of air and not destroy the car? And is it true interchangeable with the wrx's ? Don't know where I heard that.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

In simple terms, fully custom everything from the a-arm to the coil over mount.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

That explains why its so hard to find.
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

If you google WRC group a suspension, or even group B, you can see some of the setups on cars. It's not stuff that any manufacture sells mostly.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

They also had a buttload of extra bracing on top of the extra bracing that we got.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

The reason I asked is there are so few pics of the wrc celicas mid air and NO hi res ones. Been looking for years. Ive got all the good ones that exist. If there were suspension that could be purchased would be fun to install just to take some hi res pics of my car mid air. Fun project too. My all trac is so much fun but I call it unreliable for road trips because it has an virtually undiagnosable check engine light, possibly fuel cutoff problem. Runs fine all the time but probly runs better when the check engine light is on! Don't care if it gets wrecked.

Have you bothered to pull the code for the CEL? It won't pinpoint the issue since it is a more primitive OBDI system and we don't have the mass amount of sensors that OBDII cars have,
    but it should be a good starting off point at least.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25 View Post
    Have you bothered to pull the code for the CEL? It won't pinpoint the issue since it is a more primitive OBDI system and we don't have the mass amount of sensors that OBDII cars have,
    but it should be a good starting off point at least.
    Go home Mario, you are drunk.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

Dammit Murg, why'd you have to tell on me. lol
    - Mario

Questions?

Ive tried to decode the blinks on the CEL on my 4runner. Thats hopeless. Toyota dealer has an OBD1 scanner but of course they want like $125 fking dollars to plug it in. My all trac CEL goes on and off while driving so wouldnt be able to get it with them anyway. "virtually impossible" is pretty accurate. I had CEL on 4runner last winter and used the scanner at Oreiley's, didnt tell me nothing cause scanner is generic.

If you can't read it from your CEL the scanner won't help you any, it reads the exact same signal.
    If your ECU is a 92 try jumping TE2 and E1 and drive around. It will flash while you're driving, and once the problem comes up it will flash the code you're looking for.

See Murg, I knew I wasn't drunk.

Thanks Jeremy!
    - Mario

Questions?

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

You do realize the ECU stores the codes right? The CEL doesn't have to be lit to get the codes, just jump the terminals, turn the key to ON (don't start it) and it'll flash out any codes that have come up since the battery was connected. Write them down and pull the fuse/negative battery cable to clear them. A scanner is a waste of money since it just tells you the same things a paperclip can.

It doesn't store intermittent codes. Hence why Jeremy mentioned putting it into diag mode and driving the car to try and pull them.
    - Mario

Questions?

Are you sure? Because it always stores them for me. I drive, I get a CEL, I lose the CEL, I get home and pull the code, then clear it.

It would be fine to try all these ideas but like I said, I tried that with my 4runner once, tried counting the blinks for half a damn hour and couldnt get it right. Much less while driving. IDK maybe if i captured it on video so I could stare at it for 3 hours maybe I'd get the blinks right and find the code. Or post the video and see if someone else could read the blinks for me. LOL. Maybe its like trick test questions, my brain just cant process them. Might make a funny video to put on my youtube channel eh.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Are you sure? Because it always stores them for me. I drive, I get a CEL, I lose the CEL, I get home and pull the code, then clear it.
    It depends on the code really, say if you have a bad connection at the AFM, or there is too long a delay in the ignition sequence, it will store those for you.
    Other stuff, it doesn't always keep in memory. At least in my experience.
    - Mario

Questions?

Damn dude, I don't know what to tell you if you're just not able to read the flashes. :/
    Time to take it to a mechanic?

The only place in the area that has a real deal Toyota OBD1 scanner is the toyota dealer and they charge like $125 just to scan it. And since it only does it while driving, IDK I guess they'd charge more cause a mechanic would have to drive it around to get the code. If it ever becomes a problem I guess it would be worth it. Right now I only drive it handfull of times per month and not in winter. Its just a hobby car right now. Maybe on local craigslist or something i could find another local with a true toyota OBD1 scanner thats cheaper. Sht one time some fuel injectors went out on my 4runner and it was winter so i couldnt fix it and they said they were unable to get re-manufactured injectors which were half the price. Then year later the other injectors went out and that time they COULD get the re-manufactured injectors cause otherwise I woulda did it myself. Lying Fckers.

LOL
    - Mario

Questions?

Jeremy and I already told you man...
    It's OBDI
    You do NOT need a scanner. If you have a paper clip you can pull codes.
    Or, you can spend a bunch of money to have someone else use a paper clip. Your choice.
    - Mario

Questions?

I'd get someone else to come for a drive in diagnostic mode with you (or film it and post it here), if the codes it spits out really are unreadable you'd be better off putting the money towards a replacement ECU than getting a shop to try and scan it.

I think I said 3 times Ive already done this on my 4runner and the blinks are too hard to group, for me anyway.

Since someone seconded my dash blinkie video idea maybe Ill try that and we can make a contest out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlife25 View Post
    Jeremy and I already told you man...
    It's OBDI
    You do NOT need a scanner. If you have a paper clip you can pull codes.
    Or, you can spend a bunch of money to have someone else use a paper clip. Your choice.

Thread Information