CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 3S-GTE Rebuild - Bolt Issue

Hi everyone,

New to the forum but long time Celica owner (gone through about 5 of them now). Anyway, in my garage I have all of the parts to fully reconstruct a 3SGTE engine which I would really like to put into a GT4 ('93 for those wondering) chassis that I have.

Problem is, I have none of the bolts for it. I originally bought just the block to replace a cracked one, and they ended up just giving me everything, but no bolts to go with it.

Now I've had a look around and there isn't a magical 1000 piece bolt kit around but I wasn't really expecting to find one anyway. So my question is, do you have any advice? Should I painstakingly go through, measure out every bolt hole and order it through a fastener supplier (probably take me decades)? Should I scrap it all together and just purchase a completed engine? Anyone gone through this before or know anyone who has?

Where I am (the land down under), an engine will run me about $2.5K. No idea what rebolting an entire engine would cost (probably not all that much) but I'd imagine it's a large time investment plus a PITA.

Many thanks in advanced

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Register on www.toyodiy.com and you will be able to find the part numbers for all the bolts you need and get them from the dealer.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

^ or it will at least tell you which cars to swipe them from at the wreckers.

Alternately, maybe look for someone nearby with a damaged engine that you can acquire the bolts from.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Alternately, maybe look for someone nearby with a damaged engine that you can acquire the bolts from.
    Win.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Thread Information