CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default new daily driver :)

so for the past few months i have been looking for a daily driver bc i havent been wanting to daily the vert bc of the swap and also the gf cant drive a standard very well. so after ppl who wanted to sell me a car backing out bc of bs reasons or ppl not answering their phone or returning my voicemails that i left bc of their craigslist ads it has taken forever to find something. Im glad i was forced to wait however bc the car is in pretty good shape over all. And yes i bought anther celica but this time i got 6th gen hatch and i know ppl want pics so i will be taking some and posting them tomorrow

after taking the door panels off i found out the car was black from toyota and was repainted to this dark red....so that of course for me means its getting dipped back to black the motor is in good shape as well, the guy i got it from had it rebuilt at 101,243 and the clock reads 166,207. he even gave me the reciepts for the work on the rebuild also.

the inside is a 9/10. the only thing that is wrong is the hole in the pass. side seat near the arm rest but the foam is perfect.

its my understandering that the trunk cover thing is hard to find? not to sure how true that is but im happy to have one bc i will cover my sub
    Last edited by grimmythereaper; 03-26-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pic not found.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

You bought an auto celica? On purpose, or did they trick you, or threaten to kill your family?
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

You bought an auto celica? On purpose, or did they trick you, or threaten to kill your family?
    the funny thing is the guy came down a few hundred bucks bc i told i was over all happy with the car but was unhappy about it being an auto. i ment it as a joke bc he knew from me talking to him about the gf and her not being able to drive a standard very well, i guess he felt bad for me, lol. he also had my mother tired up in the trunk of his honda, lol

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I owned an automatic Celica once.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Lifetime Member hobbie2k is on a distinguished road hobbie2k's Avatar
    hobbie2k has donated to the forums!

Images

I had an auto Celica, too. It was a carbed 2.0L SOHC mated to a three-speed auto. Not very quick. Looked cool, though; and I could drift it...on gravel... Sold it for a JDM Silvia, largely for the manual transmission.

Have fun!
    Team 'learn about other cars and you may learn more about yours' member 002
    2015 Skoda Octavia Wagon
    1996 Nissan Pulsar SSS

Glad to hear you got another one. Waiting on pics.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

[img] still not found [/img]

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

lol sorry guys, been kinda busy the past few days. im off today so ill post the pics today

1st post updated

I loved my 6th gen. Ive been wanting another one ever since I sold it. For a daily, there really is nothing wrong with an autotragic. Good find.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Quote Originally Posted by Facime View Post
    I loved my 6th gen. Ive been wanting another one ever since I sold it. For a daily, there really is nothing wrong with an autotragic. Good find.
    Yeah... except that I'd rather drive my supra with an unsprung ceramic 4-puck in traffic than own and/or drive an automatic (that should tell you how much I hate them )

But yes, +1 on 6gens. I liked mine a lot.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈræʃənlˌaɪz, ˈræʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

thanks

also, the seat covers come off the seats pretty easliy. from my memory they dont use hog rings, just plastic lips and channels. That torn passenger seat was probably originally on the drivers side. Just pull the covers off, turn the cover inside out and resew the seam down past the damage. Then turn them rightside out, put them in a pillow case and wash them in the washing machine on delicate cycle (the pillow case protects the delicate foam backing from getting all shredded in the machine.
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Looks like you did good.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

also, the seat covers come off the seats pretty easliy. from my memory they dont use hog rings, just plastic lips and channels. That torn passenger seat was probably originally on the drivers side. Just pull the covers off, turn the cover inside out and resew the seam down past the damage. Then turn them rightside out, put them in a pillow case and wash them in the washing machine on delicate cycle (the pillow case protects the delicate foam backing from getting all shredded in the machine.
    thanx for the input facime, i did feel the foam around that area of the seat on the driveside and i think ur right about the cover being on the driverside first.

Looks like you did good.
    thanx nitro

if the foam is badly eroded on that bolster I can teach you how to restore it pretty easily as well, just let me know.
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

if the foam is badly eroded on that bolster I can teach you how to restore it pretty easily as well, just let me know.
    yeah man that would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Facime View Post
    That would be a great writeup. I think most of us with Celicas need to rebuild our seats

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

- sold
    Red 2001 GT-S "Hannah"

I just did this exact repair on the 3000GT, but I didnt take any pictures. I need a sample subject to work on. I'll see what i can find.
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Quote Originally Posted by crymson View Post
    That would be a great writeup. I think most of us with Celicas need to rebuild our seats
    Seconded. I don't need to rebuild my seats but a little bit of a refresh above the springs would be good.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

so after getting bored this weekend me and gf decided to repair the hood of the 6th gen, but decided not to paint it the same color of the car bc i was unsure what color red the car is sense it was repainted from black. so we both figured we should paint the hood black some where along the line i didnt want just any kind of black i wanted something different, thats when this happened

Chalkboard paint!! and then this happened

get the feeling? i think we did, all we need to do now is go places, lol

LOL! The chalkboard paint is a cool touch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a while at least
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

LOL! The chalkboard paint is a cool touch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for a while at least
    thanks yeah me and the gf have put a few different drawings on the hood. i have been putting a piece a chalk on the hood when i go into places just to see what ppl write or draw on it.

Thats just begging for someone to draw a huge cock on
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Thread Information