CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anyone use a Mishimoto aluminum radiator?

Well I've found my coolant issue. I pressure tested the coolant system today and I've got at least one leak in the radiator. I thinking I've got a few more based on the coolant I found in different places while replacing the downpipe.

The one that's in there now is at least 6 years old. I got it from Radiator Barn and it's all metal. I just recently found out that Radiator Barn got bought out the end of last year. I'm debating as to whether to try to get this one repaired or replace it. All metal radiators for our cars are few and far between.

I'm look at a Mishimoto aluminum radiator made for the All Trac. Has anybody used one of theirs? Any opinions?
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I run one in the corolla. It made for a pretty big drop in temps right off the bat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I know they are well thought of in the Mustang world.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Thanks guys. From what reviews I found it appeared they were a good product. I'll probably go ahead and order today or tomorrow.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The AutoPwr radiators aren't that bad either. I used one in my ST215 swap.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

We sell a ton of Mishimoto radiators through my work and we haven't heard any negative feedback on them really at all.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

Lots of Mishi's used around here and no complaints thus far.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

I ordered one on Monday and they showed that it would be here between March 3-14. It showed up on Wednesday. Fast shipping. I'm hoping to get it put in over the weekend if the weather cooperates.

Thanks for the input everyone. I didn't really want to spend that much, but this should take car of the radiator problems.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It's only money, right?

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Yep. And unfortunately I still haven't won the Powerball.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Made It! burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd is a glorious beacon of light burnyd's Avatar
    burnyd has been to an annual Dragon Meet! burnyd has donated to the forums!

have one in my mr2 its meh.. I probably should have just purchased stock.

How does it fit the mounts and fan?

I've got to get in mounted. Supposedly, it's a drop in replacement. I guess I'll see. It looks like it will go into the mounts OK but I'm wondering about the fan and fan shroud. I'll post up more one I've got it in the car.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

You can safely ditch the stock fan and shroud. Just go with a slimline electric replacement. I used a 10" fan and I have never had any issues, but you would likely want to use either a pair of 10's or a single 12".
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I had a pair of 12" slim fans on mine. One a pusher the other a puller. With both running full speed they kept the 215 nice and cool in the az summer while boosting 15psi.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Thanks Mario and Tim. I'm going to check on those. The only negative I've read on the radiator so far is an issue with the stock fan. I've got to look at that and I'm going to check on the slimlines as well.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Question about your installs on the slimline fans. Did you wire them into the factory wiring or did you wire them in independently?
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Images

I removed the connections from my stock fans and wired them into there. I didn't want to trip the fuse for the fans (as they pulled near the max each) so I wired the passenger side up like a standard cooling fan. The driver side I wired up with a relay and fed the power from the AC fan. When the cooling fan turned on, the driver fan turned on but drew power from a different source. I think I have it drawn up somewhere....

Her Build thread -->

I run one in the Supra - very happy with it. They even gave me a free replacement when my clutch fan decided to have a hoe-down with the rad core. I run electric fans now.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix is a glorious beacon of light Mafix's Avatar
    Mafix has been to an annual Dragon Meet!

i have a koyo 3" monster. overkill big time.

I will miss you, my friend.
    371whp, 355 ft/lbs w/ 46mm pre-turbo restrictor.
    2400lbs w/ 10.5 slicks on all 4 corners.

That's good to know about the warranty.

That's a hell of a radiator Mafix. Maybe overkill but you don't have to worry about overheating with that one.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

I ran my 10" slimline electric fan straight off of the factory harness so that I could keep all of the factory safeties. Always worked perfectly.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Cool. That's what I'm planning on doing. I've got one coming that should be here tomorrow. Hopefully I can get it and the radiator installed this weekend. I'm running out of time to check things out before the Dragon.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Make sure to use the foam insulators.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Thanks Joey. Good advice.
    Mike
    2017 Toyota 86

Thread Information