CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Oil pressure gauge

Can you unplug the oil pressure sender that plugs into the head, and hook up an oil pressure gauge there instead? Or do you need that to stay hooked up?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It can be removed. I've installed an aftermarket oil pressure sending unit into the factory oil pressure sensor on ST215, 3sfe and 3sge with no issues. Just makes sure you get the proper fittings & adapters to convert the thread pitch correctly and use plenty of thread tape.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Her Build thread -->

Alright cool. I'll order the adapter then

On mine, a OP owner had installed a T fitting that has the light switch on one side and the gauge sending unit on the other. It works fine and you've got a back up. Although, it seems like if the light comes on it's pretty much too late most of the time.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

That's how i did my ST215 swap. I stuck a T-fitting on a length of hose and had the stock + aftermarket gauges. Worked ok, but just showed how crappy the stock one was. lol.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

If you're having trouble finding a thread adapter for the standard thread sending unit, like I was, look at your local hydraulic hardware outfitters. 1/8th" to BPT (British Pipe Thread) is what got the job done for mine.

Glowshift sells the adapter I need.
    I might try a hydraulic shop tho, I didn't think about that.

Thread Information