CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default no interior dash illumination

This issue started with the illumination coming and going... usually it wont work until I had been driving for a few minutes and then it would stay on, but now it doesnt work at all.

Here is what works and what doesnt:
    Nothing on the dash, cigarette lighter, heat or fan control dials, lights on the doors and glove box...
    Map and dome lights work, lights for the different buttons for where the air blows and all exterior lights work.

oh and I have made sure the dimmer switch is turn on and fuses look ok too

anyone seen this issue before?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 Black AllTrac
    81 Black/Blue Celica
    2007 Silver Tacoma Sport

Did u replace any fuses? The only thing i can think of is ur taillight fuse is bad or u have loose bulbs
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 93cc View Post
    This issue started with the illumination coming and going... usually it wont work until I had been driving for a few minutes and then it would stay on, but now it doesnt work at all.

Here is what works and what doesnt:
    Nothing on the dash, cigarette lighter, heat or fan control dials, lights on the doors and glove box...
    Map and dome lights work, lights for the different buttons for where the air blows and all exterior lights work.

oh and I have made sure the dimmer switch is turn on and fuses look ok too

anyone seen this issue before?
    I am having a similar issue as well. A couple fuses were bad as well as a faulty battery.
    Another thought to consider is that the potentiometer for the dimmer control could have a bad spot in it or a cold solder joint somewhere in the chain.

Most commonly it is a bad ground somewhere. Issues like rust or a not fully tightened bolt or nut can also be culprits.

I am also having the issue of the locks not working once power is cut with the key out.

I will be going through and troubleshooting many of the same systems you are having issue with in the next couple weeks. I will try to report any findings here so that you can compare notes.

Oh, and if you don't have a decent multimeter, I would highly suggest getting one if you are able.

- Mario
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

actually I forgot to say that the only exterior lights that dont work are the fogs, but I havent checked the bulbs yet but I think they are on the same circuit as all of the other none working stuff

93 Black AllTrac
    81 Black/Blue Celica
    2007 Silver Tacoma Sport

Remember that the fog lamp circuit is on the passenger side footwell behind the lower plastic panel.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Sadly, I think you're going to have to start tracing wires... which is a sticky adventure at best... and a electrical tape bukake at worst.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

thanks everyone... I hope to work on it some this Friday... I'll let you know what I find out

93 Black AllTrac
    81 Black/Blue Celica
    2007 Silver Tacoma Sport

Thread Information