CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default ST205: Bushing/Grommet for intake air temp sensor

Hello.
    I've replaced my HKS air intake to an A'Pexi power intake, and the previous owner had used silicone to attach the intake air temp sensor to the pipe.

I'd like to find a replacement grommet so that it can be properly secured into my intake pipe.

I've found toyodoi's section, but do not know which of these is the parts #.
    http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...LMVZ_1703.html

Any help would be great.
    Thanks!

CelicaTech Vendor FrunkMonkey is on a distinguished road

Looking through TOYODIY and my catalog I don't see a grommet listed for that sensor. The same part is used on some US cars so I looked at that catalog and still didnt see a gromet listed. If there is one it has to be part of the air box or come with the sensor. Looking at other pictures of the sensor online it looks like it just snaps into the air box.

-Tracy
    Tracy Griffin - Lithia Toyota of Springfield, OR -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'91 T-Top N/A MR2

Get prices and order online. Check out the new LithiaToyotaParts.com!

The instructions for the installation of my A'Pexi Power Intake specific to the ST205 shows a grommet, which is why I'm wondering about the piece itself, which was not included in the kit. I'll try removing the silicone and see whether it just snaps in. Thanks for the insight Tracy!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Or you can mount it somewhere near the intake. The temp will be the same inside the pipe as right next to the filter. But if you want it like factory in the pipe that's understandable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Just a quick update. I went out and bought a pack of various size wire grommets, and the 5/8" size one worked for me. I had to squeeze and contort the grommet to fit into the intake, and the sensor slid in nice and tight afterwords.

Thread Information