CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Default radiator recommendations

Just as title says. I think I may be in need of a new one. Cant find any beside OE replacement type for the 5th gen gt. Can find aftermarket units (2 row aluminum, ect...) for the Alltrac and for the 6th gen. Either one compatible with a 5th gen gt? I'm assuming the 6th gen gt radiators would work.

Mine is leaking just sitting there
    ..... which is why I think I need a new one, hasn't been pressurized in a year(car still on stands) and is dropping coolant. Radiator was full when I parked it, now its almost empty.
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The autopwr st185 will work. Just block off the turbo coolant nipple and you're set. May need to slightly elongate the holes on fan shroud to fit but nothing crazy

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Important question, manual or automatic?

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

Manual. I was actually looking @ the mishimoto radiators. Forgot about autopwr.

It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......

Images

I am right that it shouldn't be actively leaking just sitting there?

Maybe I should go with an 185 radaitor like you say Tim, as I plan to swap eventually to a 3sgte.... will ghe upper and lower hoses line up correctly?

Yup. I have a 185 autopwr in my celi

Project Ava

Images

Another question: going with a dual core radiator will I be able to use stock fan/shroud? Or wil it cause interference with header(Camry header installed) or anything else?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post
    Another question: going with a dual core radiator will I be able to use stock fan/shroud? Or wil it cause interference with header(Camry header installed) or anything else?
    You can use stock fans. Some minor changes need to be made to the fan mounts if I remember correctly for the 185 rad but it should be pretty easy to do. Hoses shouldn't be a problem.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Images

Are the slim fans actually an "upgrade"?

Are the slim fans actually an "upgrade"?
    Having more space and less noise is an upgrade. I don't know if it cools any better, but it makes working in the engine bay so much easier.

Images

Hmmm, ill have to see. Don't have much clearance now between my o2 sensor and radiator(il get a pic so you under stand) idk might have an excuse to buy a different header......

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    Having more space and less noise is an upgrade. I don't know if it cools any better, but it makes working in the engine bay so much easier.
    You have a dual core right? Slim fans?

Default radiator recommendations

You have a dual core right? Slim fans?
    It's a very wide single core, all aluminum AutoPower radiator. It works tremendously well. It held up with my struggling AC compressor when my AC fan died.

I only have 1 slim fan. I'll be getting a second if and when I can get a controller so they spin at variable speeds off a sensor. It'd be nice to have them pulling air on a slow speed so when I'm idling, they're near silent.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

I've got a 185 ASI/AutoPWR in my 184, it's the 56mm and the stock fan wouldn't fit. Aside from that, nothing special was needed to make it fit.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

i have a mishimoto in my ST185. no issues at high speeds. took it to a track event and did some hard driving in 2nd gear, basically staying at redline most of the time. after about 15-20 mins the factory temp gauge started going up slowly. mostly I think its because of the stock front bumper added with the slow speeds. an RC bumper probably would've helped.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfourdreams View Post
    i have a mishimoto in my ST185. no issues at high speeds. took it to a track event and did some hard driving in 2nd gear, basically staying at redline most of the time. after about 15-20 mins the factory temp gauge started going up slowly. mostly I think its because of the stock front bumper added with the slow speeds. an RC bumper probably would've helped.

Doubt it. How is your underbody plastics and ducting through there?
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

I got a replacement radiator of ebay and the quality is pretty shit, can't remember the seller but I would avoid.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I have an asi/auopowr and it's fine. Not substantially better or worse than stock. I've got 2 slim fans, mounted on the outside of the engine bay side. If you don't have ac that should be suitable. Just pay attention to which way the fans are blowing.

If you want improved quality and cooking over that, you'll have to pay for it. A lower temp thermostat may help too, but do your research before doing that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

(SOLD) 1994 ST205 WRC

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    I have an asi/auopowr and it's fine. Not substantially better or worse than stock. I've got 2 slim fans, mounted on the outside of the engine bay side. If you don't have ac that should be suitable. Just pay attention to which way the fans are blowing.

If you want improved quality and cooking over that, you'll have to pay for it. A lower temp thermostat may help too, but do your research before doing that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    I don't have ac in mine I'm prepping it for a 5SFE reman to go in, but my radiator needs to go, n my condenser was dry rotted so I ripped it all out, what kind of radiator should I get that will make sure it doesn't overheat since it no longer has my of the ac components?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DanteDemont View Post
    I don't have ac in mine I'm prepping it for a 5SFE reman to go in, but my radiator needs to go, n my condenser was dry rotted so I ripped it all out, what kind of radiator should I get that will make sure it doesn't overheat since it no longer has my of the ac components?
    Doesn't matter as long as it's good quality. Not having AC isn't a problem.

I recommend the double core all aluminum AUTOPWR one since it doesn't cost much extra, but even a cheap plastic/aluminum one will do fine.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Images

Unfortunately I think I may haveto spend more money on the car and get a new radiator, gotta preety good puddle of coolant under the drivers sideof the radiator on ground. And it hasnt been under pressure.... grrrr.

Images

"Oem" replacement from autofail-made by spectra $160.00 limited lifetime warranty

Autopwr 56mm dual core-only can find on there website $190.00 1 year warranty for manufacturer defects

Mishimoto dual core 56mm-ebay vendor with great feed back $270w/ free shipping lifetime warranty

Idk hmmm

Images

"Oem" replacement from autofail-made by spectra $160.00 limited lifetime warranty

Autopwr 56mm dual core-only can find on there website $190.00 1 year warranty for manufacturer defects

Mishimoto dual core 56mm-ebay vendor with great feed back $270w/ free shipping lifetime warranty

Idk hmmm
    I got my radiator at a local radiator place for like $80. Works fine, had it for two years now with no problems and I drive my car pretty hard. Ill check the brand when I get home.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

^ nope. Throw away the rad cap as soon as you get it through, both of mine were junk right out of the box.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Thread Information