CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cruise control

Default Cruise control

Alright guys I have a 90 gt 2.2 five speed now when I turn my cruise on the light on the dash comes on but I have no other responses won't actually engage any insight?

Do you also have the Brake light on in your dash? It could indicate aa issue/ faulty sensor in the brake system which will disable cruise control (usually fluid level sensor in the reservior). Of course check fuses, and vacuum lines for leaks. If all else checks good you may have to troubleshoot the CC unit.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Also check whether your brake lights are permanently on -- that would indicate your brake pedal sensor is stuck, which would also cancel the cruise control.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

Would the lisence plate light out cause this I know others like breaks and reverse lights can cause it it's not vacuume or fuse related.... I'm testing sensors now hoth seem to be good if not where can I get replacements?

If a sensor is tripping the system/bad, it will pop up on your dash. If all else fails, check to make sure the Brake dash light isn't burned out. I doubt a blown plate light would cause it but I've seen stranger.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

Both sensors good and brake light works every time I set e brake light comes on...

I fought this issue for a long time on my 93 GTS until I finally got it working again. Details and more info at this thread: http://www.toyotacelicas.com/forums/...-question.html

93 Celica GTS, Liftback

Yeap, a bad VSS (vehicle speed sensor) can cause this cruise control problem. There are also codes you can get from the cruise module (flashing cruise control lamp) which will tell you a lot of what the module knows is wrong when you put the cruise control system into diagnostic mode (not much different that putting the engine ECU into diagnostic mode to the the trouble codes). Using that feature often prevents one from hunting in a trial-and-error fashion.

Thread Information