CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default New kid on the block says HEY!...

Hey there folks!

Just wanted to say hello and express my appreciation to be included among an obviously very cool and SMART group of people! I mean, c'MON, Celica owners have gotta be some of the most discriminating, sophisticated, and savvy car owners out there, right?

As for me, I'm on Celica #4 in a span of more than three decades.

I purchased my first, a brand new metallic copper 1978 Celica ST on August 18, 1978. It was my first new car and I knew it wouldn't be my last Celica. It wasn't.

Next came a couple of loving reclamation projects in the late 90s and early 2000s; first, in 1997 with an '89 ST and in 2002, a '91 ST. Put nearly 300,000 miles on each of them prior to handing them down to my kids who were in emergency need of wheels at the time.

Then in the summer of 2006, for my 50th birthday I bought myself a cherry 1995 Celica GT Convertible that is still my pride and joy. When I got it, the car had 128k miles and had been well cared for over the course of its two previous owners. Now, as of a few months ago, she's finally hit the 200k miles, and in the last two years has begun the progression of advanced-age replacement repairs that are common to nearly all Celica iterations at this phase of their lifespan: clutch, radiator, alternator -- although I've still managed to stave off replacing the timing belt and water pump as of yet; but I'm sure that's not too far in the offing. But that engine still purrs like a kitten.

Currently, however, my renovation push is to upgrade my baby's sound system, which is still mostly stock, save for the front end unit, which was replaced by a previous owner with a Pioneer SuperTuner CD, which now too is quite obviously long in the tooth.

First off though, I'm tackling the speakers, which ARE original equipment and have been rattling for way too long. And with that, upon searching online today for tips and specs for replacement speakers for my Celica model, I came across this fine forum, of which I am now very happy to be a part.

I live in the 'burbs of Nashville TN, am married 34.5 years to the most wonderful woman in the world, have two grown & gone, well-adjusted and beautiful kids (boy & girl), and I support myself as a web administrator for a local government entity.

I look forward to rubbing elbows with like-minded Celica freaks and learning more about this community that for many years I thought I was the only member of.

Type atcha soon,

Jimbobwe

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Jim, may I call you Jim?

Welcome to Ctech, the family here is as diverse as it can get but some really great people that I am proud to call friends.

You will get lots of info for upgrading your audio as well as keeping your car going the best it can be.
    My first Celica was a 1979 Gt coupe followed by 83, and then a 93. So I understand your passion. I presently do not own a Celica but if you look in the audio forum you will find threads from when I still had one as well as from plenty other members with questions and fixes.
    I still have a passion for audio and am certain we can help you out with anything you may need.

Once again, welcome!
    David
    BM Dubyou
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Hello,

Plenty of information on what you're doing here. And only here will the grand master be the first reply to your first post.

Always feel free to poke through the various forums on your topic of choice for the day and ask questions if necessary.

Welcome.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Welcome! I myself first bought my mom's 90 GTS as my first car. My parents actually met when my dad pulled up in his '71 and randomly sat in her brand new '80, which preceded her '84 GTS. I have since sold the 90 GTS and am now on my 2nd RC. I come from a Celica family!

Hello Jim

Welcome to the group! As David said, I am proud to call many of these fine people friends and family, so you are in with a great bunch.
    Please feel free to look around and if you have any questions, I am sure we can figure out solutions that best suit your needs.

I look forward to getting to know you.
    All the best,

- Mario
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Thread Information