CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default ST185 RC ecu numbers

I find myself in need of the numbers for the RC specific ecus. If anyone has the info, please post it here.

- Mario
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

89661 computer, engine control
    89661‑20750 st185 (10/1989 - 02/1990)
    89661‑20751 st185 (03/1990 - 07/1991)
    89661‑2b310 st185..gt4rc (08/1991-01/1992)
    89661‑2b280 st185..gt4 (08/1991-08/1993)

Pretty sure my engine is a 1993 ST185RC. Is there a different code for that one listed?
    (I had Dr. Tweak do a full harness for me specifically to mate to that ECU, so it's rather important that I get the right number to tell the guy to find)
    - Mario

Questions?

I have to find out the specifics of the engine that was put in, but yeah, if anyone can list all the specific st185rc ecu numbers, that would rock.
    And thank you for responding Fusselbug.
    - Mario

Questions?

Mario I'm guessing it will be a different number. My car is later 92 and when I put the JDM ECU in several years ago (thought the ECU could be bad, it wasn't), I had to repin my harness because the JDM ECU was the earlier revision. If everything you have is for a 93, you'll need the later revision. Sorry I don't have the number.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

The RC was only made during the 1991-92 model years. The ECU model numbers I listed are all of the JDM ECUs for 5th gen Alltracs. If your engine is from a '93 it was from a non-RC ST185.

This should have ECU pinouts for whatever 3SGTE you're working with:
    http://gt4.mwp.id.au/Electrical/All%...%20Diagram.png
    Last edited by fussellbug; 08-19-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Well, perhaps it is a 92 then. I don't know, I was told it is a '93. I do know, however, that it is an RC motor. The 5mm larger tb and afm alone denote that.
    I will shoot over the ecu numbers and see if they match up. *fingers crossed*
    - Mario

Questions?

Captain Lone Dragon Slayer... Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S has a spectacular aura about Carolina91GT-S's Avatar
    Carolina91GT-S has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Carolina91GT-S has donated to the forums!

Book1.pdf

I have the same info as fussellbug. here is the pinout that I have

Most recent update 8/30/2013

"You'll never make it"

"Nonsense, you only say never because no one ever has."

Default Help! ST185 ECU numbers, countries, years.

Have to replace my ECU. Mine is 89661-2B280 which from my research is a 92 JDM.
    I found one for sale that says its a 92 but its CND 89661-20760.
    Comparing the pin out diagram I will have to move some pins but what about the missing or added pins? And the FC is on a completely different plug. Ugh!
    Added:
    EGR
    TPC
    STJ

Missing:
    G-
    ACT
    CCO

Thanks!
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

It looks like the G- moves plugs as well, and TPC just scoots over a few pins. I know a lot of people delete EGR so you should be able to get around that one. The rest I'm not sure what those abbreviations mean.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Thread Information