CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member rev_head will become famous soon enough

so you want more? This is the best i can offer at the moment. i was going to do more bodywork and priming yesterday but apparently i have broken my compressor, just need a replacement line and itl be all fixed.

That being said i know have a donor car so progress should now be a bit more frequent, anywho. pics!

put the main body and interior looms back in

Installed the brake booster and master and finished off all the hard lines, ABS delete is now completely finished!

Also its hard to get the full idea of how it will sit due to the front end being so high but heres a glimpse of the front end fitment. From what i can gather iv widened the widebody guard by about 25-30mm

should be smashing out some more body work during the week, provided i can get my compressor sorted, no point doing bodywork if i cant prime it and stop it rusting (as what started happening on the front guard lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Am I being detained officer? tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life is a name known to all tuner4life's Avatar
    tuner4life has been to an annual Dragon Meet! tuner4life has donated to the forums! tuner4life helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008.

Images

Great resurrection! The chassis itself is a work of art!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member rev_head will become famous soon enough

thanks man, a work of art is how i see it!

so i need to get this bodywork finished, one thing thats been holding me up was some holes that needed to be welded up. The metal is to thin for my shitty welder, all it does is blow holes. That plus im far from being classed as a good welder so i got my mate round whos been getting into welding lately after he bought a very nice MIG and he plugged some holes for me!

1st was the 3 holes in my groupA bonnet. The stupid 3 at the front for the badge i dont want! obviously thats after they have been filled.

next up were these 2

Im trying to do as much weight reduction as possible, atleast as much as i can before it becomes an all out race car. As such the rear wiper was never going to be installed. I also want the car to be as clean looking as possible so the washer jet and wiper arm had to be filled!

I also made a start on the left front guard but i quit half way through as my arm started locking up after a while swinging the plenishing hammer. dunno how the hell i used to do it for a living haha

On a side note im going to take the opportunity to vent. Lately im finding it so damn hard to get motivated to work on this (working on other peoples cars 6 days a week doesnt help) it just feels like it will never ever get done. time and money are big factors but most of all there is just SO much to do. I never actually intended on going as far as i have with this car, all my plans kinda just snowballed and iv created alot of extra work for myself. I can be quite a perfectionist and lately it feels like every time i take a step forward i take 2 back as i find/see something that didnt come out how i wanted it and i redo it. I feel like i should have done things to such a high standard as i now feel like 90% of what i do doesnt live up to what the car deserves. Truth be told i wish i never started this project. I wish i just bought a clean shell, built the motor and chucked everything from the old car in. i would have had a very fast car back on the road by now, hell quite a while ago even. Half the shit im doing no body will ever even know to look at the car. i really hope i do manage to finish this 1 day.
    end rant!

Thread Information