CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member rev_head will become famous soon enough

Default Rev's new st185!

So my awesome GrpA st185 was tragically written off due to the stupidity of some dumb ass who is lucky he is still breathing. I bought the wreck back off the insurance company and stripped it back to a bare shell, thankfully 95% of the mechanical are re-usable.

So using the old parts and a HUGE stack of new parts i am building a new gt4 shell. it will be a complete ground up build made to my exact specifications. doing this i have a new ADM widebody shell. I actually sold this shell to Grant (fibrewizard) a few years back. when he heard about my accident he very generously offered the shell back to me at the same price. i thankfully accepted and it has been dubbed Phillip 2.0 in memory of the grey grpA

By the time i am done this car will be un-recognizable. watch this space!

Cheers
    Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

started playing with the new 4 today, as i suspected the sunroof is an aftermarket jobby and all the wiring/switches have been removed. managed to find 2 wires to the sunroof motor tho. hooked it up to a battery and success, it works

removed the fuel tank, usually an easy job but the amount of crap underneath this car from sitting for like 5 years made everything just that bit harder

Thankfully the R&T solid rubber diff mount from #148 is still in mint condition!

This pic doesnt show it the best but the floor pan in the boot has seen better days, lots of worn paint through to metal and starters of rust coming through, this will require much attention

Decided to make my custom front reo tonight. started by lopping the factory mount points of the original reo.

Then welded some steel tubing i had lying around. Please ignore the horrible welds, its gasless mig+still getting the settings right+ im a crap self taught welder, will be cleaning these up and re-welding before i paint it

Bolted the mounts on, cut my tubing to length and welded it up. voila! a new custom reo

it weighs less then a factory one and will make the FMIC install much easier. its strong as fnck to. also great considering this was free and a genuine grpA reo is like $500 shipped! Test fitted with my new grpA f/bar and it sits almost perfectly behind the centre part of the grill in the bumper wich is what i was aiming for.

did a lil more stripping, i.e guards are off and some random engine bay stuff but forgot to take pics. I start a new job next week so the rest of this week i hope to smash it out and start really getting this thing stripped back. enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

finished off the reo with some mounting tabs for the FMIC. sits perfect for maximum flow behind the bar and high enough it shouldnt scrape

battery will be in the boot and i wont be using the standard overflow bottle so i removed the battery/overflow bottle mounting plate for more room

I've stripped about all i can from the engine bay until i rip out the dash......SO MUCH CRAP IN THAT ENGINE BAY!

wich means i have this shit to deal with tomorrow!

This is my new apprentice turbo. hes been overseeing the proceedings, not very helpful tho!

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Staying tuned for updates.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Will the car be done before Turbo is fully grown? That is the question!

Keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Nice project, good luck!

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Thanks guys, i have a feeling i have many late nights in the ahead of me

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Will the car be done before Turbo is fully grown? That is the question!

Keep up the good work.
    \

haha it better be. i have until early december to have it on the road. very doable but will mean alot of money and long days

i attacked the interior removing all the dash, A/C and heater components. I'm removing the A/C all together so i wanted to get rid of the core anyway

nice and filthy as expected

core removed

fan unit has seen better days

i pulled the heater unit out to clean aswell, unfortunately found a hairline crack in the core so i pulled the one out of my wrecked grey car, sadly that was toast aswell so will have to get one welded up. i pulled all the stuff apart and cleaned them as best i could. the grime in the fan unit was ridiculous!

dash is now completely removed, fun job as always.

removed the entire interior loom wich is a bitch to say the least. coz the grey gt4 had a gen 3 in it (wich i am using for this build) its wiring loom was custmoized rather then a patch loom so i had to remove the stock one for me to fit the one of the grey car

i enlarged the stock air feed hole in preparation for a 3" cold air feed, its a bit rough but i didnt have a hole saw, itl do the job just fine tho

engine bay is almost done. just gotta remove the steering rack, shifter cables and the last 2 brake lines. then i can start prepping for paint!

hoping to finish the engine bay and strip the rest of the interior tomorrow as my old interior is in much better condition. dont know that i will have a chance do that tho, so may have to wait til next week. enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by rev_head View Post
    I'm removing the A/C all together so i wanted to get rid of the core anyway
    Um. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    Um. Why?
    Coz its heavy, takes up room in the engine bay, robs power from the engine (admittedly a minimal amount) and i never really use it anyway. Thats what a sunroof is for

Sunroof works well unless you love where I do. 75* at 6:30 in the morning and about 110* or so by 3 pm. I'll keep my ac haha.

Guess you plan to never sell it

Im melbourne Australia. We reach those temps. Just use to it lol

nope will never be selling this. By the time its done to much time and money will have been put into it to ever even consider selling it

well unfortunately i havent touched phillip since my last update, 6 day work weeks and the car being 45 minutes away is making it a lil hard at the moment.
    I have been in touch with a sand blaster and in the next couple of weeks the engine bay will be sandblasted ready for some panel work and por15 treatment.

I bought my paint on the weekend. I have bought the brightest possible solid white and clear coat for as deep and glossy finish as possible. So should hopefully smash out some of the body work next weekend ready for paint.

Until then heres some pics of my parts stash

whiteline F&R strut braces and rear cradle poly bushes

clear indicators, new EL display PowerFC hand controller, oil sandwich plate, silicon rad hoses and new pod filter

ARP head studs, main studs and flywheel bolts, new exh studs, walbro pump and hex bolts for rocker cover and BNIB toyota gasket kit (thanks pinks)

CP pistons and eagle rods

GSC cams and CF cooling panel

i have some other bits stored but havent got pics and stuff is everywhere!

Glad to see you will be able to resurrect the car. Subbed to follow progress.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

My dog had puppies a few months ago and we named one turbo too haha.

^ epic

finally, progress!.

so phillip finally went to the sandblasters on sunday. The sand blaster is on the same road the car is being stored at (my girlfriends parents) so with no steering her dad and myself pushed the car manually steering the wheels with our hands while my girlfriend sat in the car with the handbrake. we pushed it about 600m or so down the road and into the blasting shed. once in the shed we hauled the car up and i removed the last of the suspension and what not

the car was blasted monday morning and we picked it up that night. put all the stuff back in to make it a rolling shell again and took phillip home
    so once i got phillip home, stripped and back on stands he looked like this

the next night it was time for a few good coats of POR15 a very strong rustproof and chip resistant coating.

sorry for the blurry pics, the phone struggled with the residual fumes.

with this now done i can start on the rest of the body work and prep for paint...........things are coming together!

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Por15 is tought shit. Good job

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

Who makes this panel?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

This project is awesome. Doing it right, good job. A lot of work but will be worth it in the end. Subscribed!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp

1994 ST205 WRC

looking good

OREGON TOYOTA OWNERS CLUB LEADING MEMBER

been doing what i can lately, getting home at about 6:30 then in the shed til 10-11 each night, been a real ball buster and admittedly im really starting to feel it. working as a mechanic to then come home and work on cars is taking its toll. not to mention in the past few weeks i have also done rust repair and a respray on my corona and done a single mass flywheel and clutch conversion on my girlfriends s15

ok onto actual progress. I have been taking all the suspension components apart to take into work and press the old bushes out. I intended to use the full rear end from Phillip the 1st how ever one hub/driveshaft didnt wanna play ball. no matter what i did the driveshaft wouldnt seperate from spline in the hub. Heating, levering, whacking etc. nothing would work. even snapped the driveshaft when smashing it with a splitting axe. still wouldnt budge. so after fucking the driveshaft and hub i decided to concede defeat and just use the one from phillip 2............. but NOOOO same thing again. this time even cracked the axe head in half!

so organised some spare hubs that Alex had laying around (Sainz 47) took them into work and pressed out the fucked bearings and bushes in prep for paint and poly inserts as the rest of the supension will be treated to.

Ive also really been struggling with lack of tools. Having all my tools at work i am making do with my girlfriends dads tool. the ratchets i believe may actually of been the prototypes for modern ratchets and for most things im having to use imperial equivelants as his socket and spanner selection is a bit lacking. Having said that i am still very grateful the use of his shed and tools, id be stuffed with out his generosity!

Iv been doing some sandblasting of my own on suspension/rear cradle components for painting

some of the bits i have painted

Phillip is really looking average these days lol

Today i cleaned and prepped all the underside for POR15 and gave it a few coats

sorry for crap pics, there was still a heavy cloud of fumes lol

next step is some more sandblasting and painting and installing all the suspension back in to make the car rolling again. from there the body work can begin, finally. Bodywork is what im looking forward to. its what i know and do best so i should smash that out and have the car in primer fairly quick.

So thats it for me from now, taking a lil time off from the car this next week in hopes to actually catch up on some rest!

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Looks great! This brings back some real bad memories for me. Your car looks to be in much better shape than mine was. Keep up the good work!
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Great work so far man! Glad to see someone use POR15 too. I have been recommending it for years. It's great stuff.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

ok so the last week i have actually been getting things done

painted the rest of the suspension bits, then took them into work and pushed all the new bushes in

after alot of hastle trying to get the right seals, i pressed in the new bushes and new bearings to finish recondition the rear hubs/knuckles

finished painting and assembling the rear cradle, all new poly bushes and a solid rubber diff mount from R&T and the grpA LSD

all in and ready to go with the dms coilovers from the late Grey car

Also painted and fitted the rear st205 brakes with new braided lines after fitting all new wheel studs. 205 brakes and DMS coilovers look porn!

Its starting to come together, when i started this i told my girlfriend i want the end result to look cleaner then the day it was new. So far i think im achieving it. I'll be honest though, god damn its a PIA hahaha.

Next step is fit the front suspension (even tho some will need to be removed again) and get it to a rolling shell so i can do the body work and lay down some paint

Thread Information