CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tranny problem

Default Tranny problem

Hey, as the title says I'm having Tranny problems, and would meet some help knowing what the problem is... It's a manual st185 with a spec stage 2 clutch, and original transmission, yesterday I was on the highway doing some racing and hard shifts and we'll now it stuck in a gear... Even with the stick around neutral when I turn it on its still I gear, if I put it I reverse it wants to go back and forward... is the transmisson gone? or is it something else??

Any help is appreciated thanks

Edit: I was not literally racing I just pushed her to 140 and I was all alone on the highway at 1 am...so no need to give me shit for racing thanks...
    Last edited by 819_ay; 07-04-2013 at 11:39 PM.

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yes. That is God's punishment to you for being a moron racing on the highway. Your entire car is boned and you should sell it.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Quote Originally Posted by MCcelica View Post
    Yes. That is God's punishment to you for being a moron racing on the highway. Your entire car is boned and you should sell it.
    no remorse for highway racing.

Well I wasn't really racing I... I just pushed her... Brought her up to 140 and that's it and It was 1 am... I'm with you guys on high way racing I'm against it too... I keep racing on the track thanks anyways... And I'm not selling my car btw...

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 819_ay View Post
    Well I wasn't really racing I... I just pushed her... Brought her up to 140 and that's it and It was 1 am... I'm with you guys on high way racing I'm against it too... I keep racing on the track thanks anyways... And I'm not selling my car btw...

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    I see you are from Quebec. So I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you mean 140kph and not mph.

The first spot I would check is the linkage. It could be that your shifter cables stretched, or something isn't moving right. It could still be a variety of things, but if we can rule that out, it's onto the next.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Linkage seems fine...im going to swap the tranny this wknd...what kind of seals and gasket should I change while its out...and what kind of transmission oil should I use

And yes 140 km/h...

Thanks

Thread Information