CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Proper air/fuel ratios

On startup I can smell gas(car running stupidly rich) af ratios are like 16-17 when warm they sit about 13-13.5 at idle. While cruising they are 11.8-12.4 under boost they are well under 10(lowest my aem wideband will read)
    Do these sound really rich?
    90' st185

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

At idle it should be bouncing around 14.7 when cruising it should be 14.7 under boost it will dip stupid rich that's from being a stock ecu it runs safe. Seems like you've got something going on, it's over fueling.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

90 alltrac st215 swapped
    94 corolla 5sfe 5 lug swapped
    02 tacoma soon to be 2uzfe swapped
    10 KTM duke 690 pipe sprocket remap

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

The 3sgte runs lean on startup so 16-17 AFR is normal. Warm idle should be stoich(14.7) and between 14-15. When cruising the readings should be stoich and the wideband will bounce between 14 and 15 as the ECU tries to keep it stoich. 10 AFR on boost is perfect.

From your numbers it seems like you are running a little on the rich side. May need to check th O2 and coolant temp sensor. A small boost leak could also cause it. Especially if the leak is between the turbo and AFM.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Alright thanks ill have to check my o2 and coolant sensors.
    If my coolant temp sensor wire broke and I just soldered it on, would that cause a problem?

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

If it's the coolant temp sensor the ECU uses to adjust fuel trim then yes

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

So my coolant temp sensor wire was barely holding on by 3 little strands. Cut and stripped up a little higher and added a new female plug, and now my a/f ratios are exactly what you guys are saying. Bounces 14-15.2 while cruising, 14-15 warm idle, and 10.8 wot full spool. I'm still having a problem with my idle,1250 rpm warm idle and it almost sounds like a misfire but isn't constant, it kinda just pops when it wants to. Any ideas on that. I was gonna check my afm adjust screw to see if it had been messed with. Also check my o2 sensor.

Senior Member jaydog82 is on a distinguished road

I am having similar problems, did you have a cel?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Check ECU ground.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

In my case the ecu grounds are good as are the voltage the ecu is seeing. I'm starting to wonder if I have a problem with my coolant temp wire.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    ST165

JDM engine and new turbo. SPEC stage 2 clutch,walbro 255lph fuel pump, AEM dry flow filter and custom 3" straight intake, 3" ausie DP, upgraded HE and heat wrapped ST165 WTA IC, 8mm magnacore wires, speedsorce solid motor mounts, ASI Aluminum RAD, 2micron second oil filter kit, prosport EGT-BOOST-WB O2 gauges, all new: seals/gaskets/belts/hoses/ Water Pump/ Timing belt kit, Rebuilt half shafts, new drive shaft u-joints, new control bushings, cleaned and balanced injectors,

I have been tracing wiring problems, I figured the temp wire was OK BC I have no cel. Now I'm wondering if is seeing some resistance just not the correct resistance.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    ST165

I did have a cel for awhile that was 25 and 26 I think. One is running rich, the other is running lean. But I also had a loose wire on my o2 sensor and that cleared itself before I fixed the coolant temp wire or the o2 wire so I really don't know. And should I check ground at the ecu or is there another point to test it at?

Thread Information