CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Coolant/anti freeze

Hey, I want to flush the coolant in my gt4, and was wondering what coolant/anti freeze you guys are using in your gt4s or other cars...

Thanks.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Toyota Long Life Red.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Member spitfiremk16 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    Toyota Long Life Red.
    ^what he said. Best coolant you can put in your car hands down. Also makes it 1000 times easier to find coolants leaks. Go to your local toyota dealer and get a gallon or two of it. Its a bit pricier then aftermarket antifreeze but in my opinion well worth the price.

Use the Toyota LL Red. It is an organic based antifreeze and will work as intended in our cars.
    The green stuff is too hard on the seals and the orange stuff gunks up like mad.

Stick with stock.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

cool thanks for the info guys, really appreciate it...

what would be the best way to flush/clean rad and all??

I would venture that it is worth it to have a shop take care of it since they have proper permits and facilities for disposing of it. Just bring the coolant to them when you do.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

yeah that's not a problem, my buddy is a mechanic and has a shop where i can give him all the old stuff...i just wanna know what would be the best way to clean the insides of the rad and all the piping ...

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

flush it with a flush kit, then keep running water through til it's clear, then fill it up with super red and distilled water. All the old stuff (including the water used to flush it) is usually taken back by any store that sells it (around here that's by law but YMMV).
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

The red stuff [LLC] doesn't gunk up so much, it's really the pink stuff [SLLC] that leaves crap when it leaks.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco BlueDragon will become famous soon enough BlueDragon's Avatar

Images

I am surprised nobody else uses G-05. This is the clear type (not good for finding leaks obviously) and it does not "gunk" at all from my experience. Though I never have used it without replacing it for more than a couple seasons. Water wetter and distilled water is what I use in the summer usually. They claim its better than coolant, I have had zero overheating issues with these combonations. Also you can retain some of the water wetter when u go to winter by adding pure G-05 to get the proper mixture at winter onset; not draining the radiator completely.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I ran the G-05 in my ST215. Never had a problem with it.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Thread Information