CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Default 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60

I just happened to be on my way to my parents house and stumbled across a 1987 FJ60 for sale in some kid's driveway. Stopped by, drove it, and loved it.

It's rusty, but it runs smoother than any car I have ever owned.

Here's a pic!

I've already Plasti-Dipped the grille and bumpers matte black. It looks pretty good!

The next step is to get my white PD and do the roof like the classic FJ's.

Fun times!
    --Aaron
    1976 Toyota Celica GT 5MT//2007 Honda Civic//Skateboard

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

You bought a rusty truck knowing that it was all rusted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Viva la rust belt!

Who are you?

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hookecho View Post
    You bought a rusty truck knowing that it was all rusted.
    I don't want to sound like I'm defending him for that, but he did put it in the "my project" section... so hopefully it'll get fixed.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Congrats on the sale! (pre-emptive)
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

It's underway. I've cut some of it out. Some might just get fiberglassed after cutting it out because I don't really care.

I'm actually going to cut the rockers off and weld in support bars for rock sliders/side steps. That eliminates any rocker rust. It's not as bad as that side looks. The passenger side has next to none (For an FJ60)

The worst rust is the back frame. Amish repair shop should be able to fix it for $300 or so. The front frame has already been done. I've got some of that all ground down and epoxy painted. But it's a Toyota, so in five years I'd be looking for a new frame anyway. I found a guy that would completely re-do the frame for $1,500. That included media blasting, welds, and an entire spray of gloss epoxy paint. However, that would be me removing the body and everything and delivering it as a rolling chassis.

These things are ridiculously over-valued in my opinion, but I got a great price on it and it's fun to roll around in.
    --Aaron

Images

Quote Originally Posted by T-spoon View Post
    Congrats on the sale! (pre-emptive)
    You so funny!
    --Aaron

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestag View Post
    Viva la rust belt!

Who are you?
    Yeah cars around here don't hold up to rust to well. This thing has been in Indiana it's whole life and not "stored winters" obviously.
    --Aaron

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

They all rust. Almost bagged one down here for 1000, it had rust in the same spot as yours does.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

FJ60s that leak like a faucet don't rust...

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Images

Yeah it's tough to find one at all around here. Mine doesn't leak really. It has a little oil around the valve cover, but that's about it.
    --Aaron

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco celica9303 is on a distinguished road celica9303's Avatar

Images

The only vehicle he's never sold since buying is the 1st gen.....

Nice truck!
    - Shadow's Army - Topless Decoy -

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Originally Posted by Shadowlife25
    It's like you have a Sock Monster, but it has acquired a taste for car parts instead.......
    project Topless Decoy: now undecided

What is it with you and boxes on wheels?

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post

Nice truck!
    Give him another week or two.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

I had one of those and boy do they die hard... You, your kids and grand kids are going to die and that truck is still going to be around by then if properly taken care of.

92 ST182 Euro/JDM Spec
    2nd Gen 3S-GE

LIKE A ROLL OF TOILET PAPER LIFE GOES FASTER NEAR THE END

Images

Quote Originally Posted by celica9303 View Post

Nice truck!
    haha

Yeah I've settled down a bit.

I've had my Cherokee for about a year. I really like them. You NEVER see Land Cruisers around here.
    --Aaron

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Luis C View Post
    I had one of those and boy do they die hard... You, your kids and grand kids are going to die and that truck is still going to be around by then if properly taken care of.
    They sure do. I can't believe how quiet this one is.
    --Aaron

Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    What is it with you and boxes on wheels?
    I do love the box.
    --Aaron

Thread Information