CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs down 1990 ST185 Rear Differential Mount

Does anyone have a recommendation for a vendor with this mount?
    For some strange reason I decided to look at all my mounts and bushings yesterday(since I never had before) and this is what I found

Looks like someone didnt feel like replacing this when they needed too.
    Would this cause any unseen damages?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You can get a polyurethane mount from http://www.gt4-racing.eu/index.php/t...r-diff-cushion
    They're a European company so the shipping may be costly.

Or you could buy a solid aluminum alloy mount from celicatech member Klue

The welded mount you have shouldn't cause any damage to your car and may have actually provided better traction to the ground during takeoffs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gt4 racing is on a exchange basis and I didn't think they would want this nasty welded up thing.
    Ill try to PM Klue and see how much he charges... Thanks for the reply

I've got the solid aluminum one on mine. You get a little noise due to no insulation between the diff and the rest of the car but it works great and you don't have to worry about the rubber going bad again. I'd highly recommend it.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

You'll also get new bushings, my mount looked okay but my bushings were pretty squishy.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

The bushings on my car are pretty much on the way out, pieces have already began to fall off and they are cracked and squishy....So new bushings is in the plan.
    I'm sure the aluminum mount cant be much worse then the whole thing welded in place. It transfers alot of noise too.

Klue can not be reached here any longer. He was banned long ago due to shady practices and not delivering on parts he had already accepted payment for. So, sorry about that bit of news.
    There are however other people who do make things of this nature, so all is not lost.
    Lastly, the window-weld may look ugly, but it will do it's job for a long, long time. I would say just save your cash and replace the other things that are in need.
    Best of luck.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Thanks for the info Mario. I wondered about Klue.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Well never mind about that then, ha.
    I don't drive the car very hard on the rare occasions it even gets taken out so I'm not too worried about it.
    Thanks for letting me know

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

He still sells them on at.net, I ordered the rear diff kit and never had any problems with him. If nothing else though you could probably fill your main subframe bushings the same way the people fill their motor mounts, that combined with the welded diff mount would probably give you nearly the same thing.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Yeah I was debating that. Make a solid plate and weld it to one side then fill up the other side with pu or something.

Mario Koenig is the guy that originally made aluminum mounts and Nylon subframe bushings, before people started copying him. He still makes them AFAIK. I'm not sure if he's on here, but he is on at.net.

I've got them on my Alltrac, and highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78 View Post
    Mario Koenig is the guy that originally made aluminum mounts and Nylon subframe bushings, before people started copying him. He still makes them AFAIK. I'm not sure if he's on here, but he is on at.net.

This is what I have on my car and they are great. I've also bought some other stuff from Mario and he's a great guy.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro_Alltrac View Post
    This is what I have on my car and they are great. I've also bought some other stuff from Mario and he's a great guy.
    Yeah, the things that Mario makes are all high quality parts from all the feedback I have seen and always come highly recommended. Sadly, he is not a member over here (or at least never posts) so I would assume reaching him via at.net is the way to go.
    - Mario
    - Shadow's Army - 5 star General -

Questions?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a Habit."

Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

Or via email mario.koenig@gmx.at

90 alltrac st215 swapped
    94 corolla 5sfe 5 lug swapped
    02 tacoma soon to be 2uzfe swapped
    10 KTM duke 690 pipe sprocket remap

Thank you for the email.

Thread Information