CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Default Gen 3 3SGE Info (Continuing Contributions)

This is as much for me to have a record as it is for anyone else. This is info off of the Gen 3 3SGE.

Valve bucket diameter 31mm (Shim under)
    1ZZ buckets are also 31mm (Shimless)

Stock rod + cap, nut, stud weights in at ~746g
    Eagle 3SGTE rod weighs in at 555g

I'll keep adding info as I work on the thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Gen 3 3SGE Exhaust manifold is not compatible with 5SFE.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

BEAMS (Gen 4) Exhaust Manifold is NOT compatible with Gen 3 3SGE.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Images

Gen 3 3SGTE exhaust manifold does fit on the N/A 3SGE

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    Gen 3 3SGTE exhaust manifold does fit on the N/A 3SGE
    Might want to double check that. I just tried to use a gasket from a 3SGTE kit on the 3SGE (all 3rd Gen) exhaust and it did NOT match up. If your statement were true, then I would have had no problem.

To also contribute:

The top end gaskets for the 3rd Gen 3SGE are NOT the same as the 3SGTE.

- Valve Cover
    - Intake Gaskets
    - Exhaust Manifold Gasket
    Last edited by KAOS; 09-25-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    KAOS
    |
    |
    |
    |

How far along are you on your build?

I'm very interested in what axels you're going to use, because I'm at a loss for what I need to do.

This is where I'm at:
    KAOS
    |
    |
    |
    |

Images

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    How far along are you on your build?

I'm very interested in what axels you're going to use, because I'm at a loss for what I need to do.

This is where I'm at:
    Sorry for the long delay. This engine is actually going in an AE86 with a Mk1 supra solid axle rear end.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

i have a 3rd gen and was wondering were you got your gaskets from.
    proud owner of a 1990 celica gt usdm, 1994 celica jdm

Some through Lithia Toyota, and some from these guys: http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/
    KAOS
    |
    |
    |
    |

Images

I got a gasket kit from fensport. And yes, I can confirm that the gen 3 3SGTE turbo manifold does fit on the gen 3 3SGE.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanJoey View Post
    I got a gasket kit from fensport. And yes, I can confirm that the gen 3 3SGTE turbo manifold does fit on the gen 3 3SGE.
    Yes you're right. In my rebuild stupor I seem to have ordered a kit for the 3SGTE - but it didn't specify which GEN it was for.

I should have known better than to not ask - but it looks like the kit I purchased was from a 2nd Gen, not a 3rd.

Crapola.

:/
    KAOS
    |
    |
    |
    |

are you going off a manual for the rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by taibones View Post
    are you going off a manual for the rebuild

Yes. I can upload it for you somewhere if you'd like.
    KAOS
    |
    |
    |
    |

if you like you could upload it to this thread or send me an email

Sent a link for you to download it from.
    KAOS
    |
    |
    |
    |

any updates

Images

Nothing yet. School gets in the way.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Any updates?
    KAOS
    |
    |
    |
    |

Images

Just getting the head back. My mistake for telling the cylinder head guy that I wasn't in a hurry.

The build list goes as:
    Megasquirt ECM w/ custom harness
    Wossner 12.5:1 pistons 87mm
    Eagle forged rods
    Custom cams 12mm lift intake, 10.5mm lift exhaust. 280* at .050"
    ACL race bearings
    Custom ITB adapter with blacktop 4AGE throttles
    Custom Gen 3 3SGE exhaust manifold
    Fully balanced rotating assembly

Planned:
    5SFE flexplate
    Quarter Master button flywheel w/ custom hub
    Last edited by KoreanJoey; 01-22-2017 at 11:13 AM.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

More please....
    Shadow's Minion Army - Storm Trooper

Images

Nothing new, haven't worked on it at all... makes me a little depressed thinking about it.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

where did you get your main and rod bearing

Images

Progress!

Block is nearly ready to go into the car (AE86).

It's got...
    • Wossner 12.5:1 compression, 87mm.
    • Eagle H-Beam rods.
    • Full balancing (less than 0.1g balance).
    • Custom welded and ground cams from Delta Cam in Tacoma, WA. (Cylinder head, mostly around the buckets, had to be clearanced for the new amount of lift).
    • Custom intake manifold adapter to run the blacktop 20V throttles, made by Progressive Automotive in University Place, WA.
    • Blacktop 20V throttles modified in order to sync with the new port spacing.
    • Shimless bucket conversion using 2AZ buckets (valves were tipped/welded for correct lash).
    • We modified the rear water outlet so that it wasn't protruding out as far.
    • We cut down the distributor since we're only running it for a single toothed cam sensor and made a distributor cover to keep anything from damaging the wheel or sensor.

We're also in the process of Cerakoting the trumpets, valve cover, ITB adapter and another adapter plate (for the coil on plug conversion).

ECU is controlled with a MegaSquirt MS3X (36-1 toothed wheel attached to the crank shaft with the cam giving a single tooth signal). This is controlling a set of 565cc Subaru STi injectors, feed from a drop-in MK3 Supra Turbo fuel pump, burning corn fuel.

The subframe was lowered 1.5" in order for the oil filler cap to clear the hood.

Running an MR2 hydroelectric PS pump.

We're running a turtle van bellhousing in order to fit it to a W58 transmission out of a celica supra. I'm not even sure what starter we're using (we had to modify the bellhousing to get the thing to engage the flywheel correctly).

The driveshaft was shortened by about 4" in order to fit the new trans and rear axle combo.

Out back we're running a 7.5" Mk1 Supra rear axle. We've got a custom quick adjustable panhard bar setup. Instead of a typical LSD we're running a lunchbox locker for Toyota 4x4s.

For wheels and tires we'll be running as set of 15x10 SpinWerkes Series 82s with 275/35R15 Hoosier A7s with a set of 15x8" (don't remember make) with 225/45R15 Hoosier H20 rains.

Picture is a test fit with the SpinWerkes on a 21.5x10.7x15 Avon slick.

For suspension we're running a TRD front swaybar, Koni Race single adjustable shocks up front, QA1 double adjustable shocks in the rear with heim jointed 4-link out back and heim jointed tension rod and control arm up front.

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

Thread Information