CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 92+ 5sfe webcams dyno results!

hey guys, my buddy dustin and i went over to the dyno yesterday to see what kind of gains he got from installing the set of reground cams he got from webcams ( www.webcamshfts.com )
    he got the "294" grind, which is the mild or "street" grind.

the diffrence in the car from 4k to redline is HUGE.
    its like a whole new car, feels much faster, and pulls much harder up high, where the 5sfe normally falls off.
    the blue line (run #9) is dustins car, with the following mods:
    cams, intake, and an exhaust,
    the red one (run #8) is my 5s with just an injen intake.

as you can see, its not so much a peak # thing, the biggest gain comes AFTER the peak #'s where the 5s with the cams hold out continuing to make power longer in the rpm band.
    great stuff.
    im working on getting a set from coltcams, if all works out well, they should be even cheaper than the webcams ones (webcams = ~650 coltcams = ~450) and if they work out well, we may be able to get a group buy going.
    discuss!!
    Last edited by presure2; 12-02-2007 at 05:53 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    click
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for the specs of my 5sfte

very nice. now i have even more reason to order my "mild street grind" from colt cams.

what other mods does dustin have on his 5sfe?

1991 Celica GT-S -awaiting swap...

2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i -Daily

Excellent info, longtime needed. As Mr. C said, let us know what mods each of you have so we get an idea of where everything falls in place. This will become a sticky for sure. I should think your coltcams would be cheaper as Hookecho paid less for his, but yes, if we could throw him a group buy or just some steady business, we could probably cut a better deal.

Here is the Webcams info as seen on the Webcams site-

Quote Originally Posted by grayscale
    Excellent info, longtime needed. As Mr. C said, let us know what mods each of you have so we get an idea of where everything falls in place. This will become a sticky for sure. I should think your coltcams would be cheaper as Hookecho paid less for his, but yes, if we could throw him a group buy or just some steady business, we could probably cut a better deal.
    edited my first post to add in dustins mods.

yea, like i posted in the first post, the colt cams are 450, 200$ cheaper than the webcams.
    i spoke with geoff on the phone last week, where he gave me more specific info on the grind specs he sent me for my turbo 5s.
    for my set, we're going to go with a "staggered" setup, meaning the 2 cams do not have the same duration, like the webcams.
    from what i have read, and what geoff told me, it should help low end and spool, while still keeping overlap to a minimum, which is better for a turbo application.
    the 3s guys use a 272/264 staggered setup with great sucsess, so it seems to make sense to me..
    IIRC the cams i am going with are 260/254 with ~ 8mm of lift.
    sad part is, he told me if i had ordered them last year this time, with the exchange rate, it would have 360$ instead of 450!!
    :lolhittin

click

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

wow, that is quite impressive. i've never been able to dyno my setup so that gives me a good idea of what the cams alone have given me as far as hp/tq. although my cams are a totally different profile than the webcams, they are close. i have a little less lift, but alot more duration.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh has a brilliant future Cavanagh's Avatar
    Cavanagh has donated to the forums!

Images

Damn! Those cams seemed to make quite a difference after 4k for sure. Seems like a worthy investment.
    2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Quote Originally Posted by Cavanagh
    Damn! Those cams seemed to make quite a difference after 4k for sure. Seems like a worthy investment.
    yea, if we can get colt cams to do a group buy for us, it would really bring the price to a point where i think we'd get alot more interest too.
    i wish everyone could drive this car back to back with a stock cammed 5s, i honestly have to say it is without a doubt the single biggest improvement to the 5s (sans turbo) ive ever felt.
    it really dont feel like a 5sfe any more...lol
    i really cant wait to get a set myself, and see how it helps the 5sfte.
    im not even so much concerned with a hp gain, if i can just have it hold out TQ another 5-800rpm, things would get VERY interesting.

click

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

i'm glad someone here can attest to the difference cams make in the 5sfe besides myself. i think we should talk to geoff about being a vender.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

^ I have been boasting cams as a great power booster (given not as much as a turbo or s/c but who cares about them )for a long time. I have worked with geoff for a while now on the v6 stuff and in the new year we are planning a group buy for 5s and 4a-fe cams. Just working on the details

THat dyno graph is a GREAT help man! Thank you for going through the trouble in getting that done!

What grind did you use?
    -Johnny
    ------------------

New site is up!

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    hey guys, my buddy dustin and i went over to the dyno yesterday to see what kind of gains he got from installing the set of reground cams he got from webcams ( www.webcamshfts.com )
    he got the "294" grind, which is the mild or "street" grind.

the diffrence in the car from 4k to redline is HUGE.
    its like a whole new car, feels much faster, and pulls much harder up high, where the 5sfe normally falls off.
    the blue line (run #9) is dustins car, with the following mods:
    cams, intake, and an exhaust,
    the red one (run #8) is my 5s with just an injen intake.

as you can see, its not so much a peak # thing, the biggest gain comes AFTER the peak #'s where the 5s with the cams hold out continuing to make power longer in the rpm band.
    great stuff.
    im working on getting a set from coltcams, if all works out well, they should be even cheaper than the webcams ones (webcams = ~650 coltcams = ~450) and if they work out well, we may be able to get a group buy going.
    discuss!!
    I noticed the cam duration is similar to the gen 3 3SGE... and compare the curve!

*Note* Don't mind the little blip, that's my ACIS being out of whack.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

thats a nice power band...do you know the 3sge duration lift numbers?
    -Johnny
    ------------------

New site is up!

wow....count me in on this thing. I have the 5sfe. and I want some colt cams as well. dyno results is what I was looking for. def worth every penny. : )

what price would we get with the group buy Weasy?

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Weasy2k
    thats a nice power band...do you know the 3sge duration lift numbers?
    Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while... my bad

3.gen 3SGE M/T (180ps):
    In: 252deg, 9.8mm lift (timing 7/65)
    Ex: 240deg, 8.2mm lift (timing 53/7)

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

what happened to the group buy? im in if there is one!

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

Out of curiosity how is the idle with the regrind cams?

I read through and I didn't notice a mention, pressure? The one thing that makes me strey from cams is chug, I guess I just haven't been around the "Breathing engine" sound long enough to acquire a taste for it. It makes me feel like I'm misfiring.

Images

*sigh*

big cams = cam lobbing = awesomeness.

Don't you want your car to sound like a frog?

-Part of the Mod Team-

Joey wins this thread.

I hate frogs.. but im still in! Let me know when and where and how much!

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyDRFT
    Out of curiosity how is the idle with the regrind cams?

I read through and I didn't notice a mention, pressure? The one thing that makes me strey from cams is chug, I guess I just haven't been around the "Breathing engine" sound long enough to acquire a taste for it. It makes me feel like I'm misfiring.
    the webcams are not that agressive, idle is basicly just like stock, thats why we never mentioned anything about it.

click

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT will become famous soon enough PhillyDRFT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by presure2
    the webcams are not that agressive, idle is basicly just like stock, thats why we never mentioned anything about it.
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Ohh ok yeah. I kinda want em' now ... I really need to get working on my celica... I hate and love having 3 cars.

It's a lot easier when you have like.... 3 similar cars.

Although it does end up putting you in a rut:

"I'll just take this part off of this one and replace it later from the junkyard...."

Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Do you guys mind if I post the dyno chart over on Toyotanation?

Originally Posted by Luni
    What I want to know is how is a boosted anything lost to a 5SFE.

any updates on the cams.......pm me if we are starting one

Quote Originally Posted by Luckynumber5
    Do you guys mind if I post the dyno chart over on Toyotanation?
    I'd rather you post a link to it, so they can visit here, that way we get some traffic through here when others want to look at it.

Thread Information