CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Rider

Default Red Rider

Not quite a fitting title... but deal with it.

Picked up a 99.9% bone stock 91 GTS not yet super faded red to replaced my wrecked 91 GT.

Only things changed on it appears to be the radiator, head unit, and battery.

Original pictures:
    Last edited by METDeath; 03-10-2013 at 06:27 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Sound/Interior mods complete:
    Pioneer AVH-4300DVD.
    Alpine SPR-10TW Tweeters (rear)
    Infinity 429i (Front)
    Infinity 629i (Rear)
    Renegade RX830 (Doors)
    Alpine MRX-V70 (5 channel) System 10 amp comparison pictures: side by side, height comparison. Fits fine beneath the passenger seat in the stock location, but with all new wiring. (Thanks John!). Just had to make sure to restrain the wires so they don't get caught up in the seat tension spring
    Tao back up camera installed.
    Keyless entry
    PIAA 115db 400/500hz horns

Interior mods to be done:
    Replace non power seats with my power lumbar seats that were in the GT. Needs to be wired. Have matching rear seats to be installed as well.
    Fog light relay bypass.
    Figure out how to get the diversity antenna into a universal plug. (Anyone have a dead System 10 head unit they want to part with?)
    Alpine SPR-10TW Tweeters (front)
    Last edited by METDeath; 08-31-2015 at 04:30 PM.

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Exterior mods done:
    92/93 tail lights with JDM vents, 91 center piece, painted to match all non lighting portions. I may tint them later, but unlikely
    No paint:
    Painted:
    Autopal Euro housings with DDM Tuning 6000K 35w Low/High HIDs
    JDM clear corners
    All-trac hood (Bruce/Ben's old hood, still has Bruce's paint scheme on it). This will remain red with black accents, it will just be whatever red the car is painted.
    20% window tint all around
    Depo clear turn signals I had previously (part number 312-1634PTA-VC)

Eventual mods:
    Proper antenna delete either with a JDM wing section or some sort of patch on the driver's side wing section. Also, weld the hole in the body closed
    All-trac/92/93 bumper
    Rolled rear fenders
    Repaint car original color
    Last edited by METDeath; 08-31-2015 at 04:31 PM.

Suspension mods done:
    Suspension Techniques Rear Anti-Sway Bar
    H&R 25mm spacer (5025541) for rear wheels
    Megan Racing Coilovers
    Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads with SS lines
    Front Camber bolts (plates don't seem to offer enough adjustment)
    Techno Toy Tuning Rear LCA conversion
    Rear Camber bolts
    Rear strut tower brace
    Enkei RPF1 17x8 +35 (custom powder coat) with 225/45R17 Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Specs (need a bigger spare now, lol).

Eventual Suspension mods:
    Install my ACE under body brace (after manual conversion, glad it didn't get installed on the old one)

Performance mods to be done (eventually, after I no longer have to worry about emissions):
    Auto to manual conversion
    BOOOOSTscht... some sort of way.
    Last edited by METDeath; 04-11-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Current Issues:

Cargo cover has minor cracking in the underside plastic. Need to repair/replace, but not critical as it seems to function just fine.
    Trunk plastics are scratched, one spot is chipped, need to find good grey replacements.
    Broken door tweeter covers.
    Dent in passenger rear quarter... right behind the wheel well. Fixed major portion of dent, two minor egg dents left over, PDR guys want 100 to fix... I think I'll just live with it for now

In progress:

Fixed:
    Driver's side rear tweeter cover keeps popping off occasionally when hatch is opened, due to cargo cover friction. Anyone have a fix for this? Apparently, properly placing the cover and letting it sit for a few weeks has mostly reshaped the plastic, plus installed retaining clips that were missing from the trunk liner plastic.
    Antenna stays up, and looks like garbage. May replace with OEM or just remove and seal up the hole and use the diversity antenna Removed, installed broken junkyard OEM to allow correct drainage, sealed up top with silicone anyway.
    Rear hatch struts are on the way out Ordered a recommended set off eBay, will install when home again Installed the Strong Arm 4929 4930 hatch struts, works GREAT
    Uneven wear on passenger side front tire, possible alignment issue, going to get a lifetime alignment when I'm home for more than a day. Alignment off on three wheels, fixed now
    Bolt on tow hitch that will be removed and undoing the wiring for as I have no use for it. Removed hitch and wiring during taillight swap.
    Heard a clicking sound once with wheel at full lock (left turn), need to get under the car and look at the axles. Replaced axles... and the suddenly leaky radiator
    Passenger side A pillar trim is torn. I found a replacement in good shape at a yard, will get around to installing it later. Installed
    Driver's side vent does not move at all. I think there was a spill of some kind in that area that didn't get cleaned very well. Surprise, Windex cleans everything
    Driver's side window rattled when partially lowered Adjusted guides, no more rattle!
    Assorted interior fasteners are missing/wrong got most of these fasteners
    Starter occasionally grinds. Replaced with Toyota starter.
    Front/Rear motor mounts shot. Installed Toyota mounts
    Steering rack boots and bushings need replacing Wish I could have got poly from somewhere, but only Toyota makes the bushings apparently
    Lower power steering hose to be replaced Not that hard to do since I was doing the motor mounts and steering rack parts at the same time
    Two spark plug tubes were leaking Fixed
    One line on the defroster doesn't work, need to fix before I get the windows tinted.
    A/C: Expansion valve never replaced, compressor appears to have been replaced with a shitty one, that fragged and is all up in my AC system... shit. Parts in hand, just need enough time and motivation to replace the A/C.
    Last edited by METDeath; 09-16-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Sounds like a fun project

Quote Originally Posted by METDeath View Post
    Exterior mods to be done:

92/93 tail lights w/vents
    Window tint
    All-trac/92/93 bumper
    All-trac hood
    I dunno how much (or really how) to ship said bumper and hood but I have them available if you'd want them, foglights and grille inserts included if you're interested.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Physlis View Post
    Sounds like a fun project

I dunno how much (or really how) to ship said bumper and hood but I have them available if you'd want them, foglights and grille inserts included if you're interested.

I have a lead on the hood, so bumper is only issue. However, before I go putting actual money into the car, I'm going to make sure it doesn't have any surprises lurking for me in the next few months.

Always a good plan, the bumper isn't going anywhere for a while.
    There will come a day when you stop questioning my obsession with my car, swords and guns. Everyday after that you will be thankful the zombies didn't get your brain.

1990 Toyota Celica GT-S
    ^

Drove all the way to TN, for the hotel. CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO has a reputation beyond repute CriScO's Avatar
    CriScO has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CriScO has donated to the forums! CriScO helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. CriScO helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. CriScO helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

You really bought another automatic?

The Coupe:
    - Custom SRI, external coil distributor conversion, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6a ignition, OBX 4-1 Header, 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow muffler, Eibach springs, GT-S hub/rear disc conversion, Lots of shiny red engine paint, Ridiculously unnecessary 5" tach, Tons of fun useless switches and pretty glowing red lights, Currently sitting in the driveway with a snapped timing belt I'm too lazy to fix...
    The Hatch:
    - Custom SRI, External coil distributor conversion, Accel performance coil, Hayden transmission cooler, ASI dual-core aluminum ST165 radiator, Some shiny black engine paint, A few glowing red lights, Temporarily downgraded to daily driver status...

Doesn't like the tuna here. BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear is a splendid one to behold BabyBear's Avatar
    BabyBear has been to an annual Dragon Meet! BabyBear has donated to the forums! BabyBear helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. BabyBear helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by CriScO View Post
    What he said ^^

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Mine still makes me jump when it clicks on if I'm not expecting it. (But then again, I'm a little girl).

Quote Originally Posted by CriScO View Post
    Yeah, I did... it's not like it's a 2ZZ-GE that should have never come automatic... it's a freaking 5S... and I'm going to swap, it's not like it's that big of a deal to switch to manual at the same time.

Also... it should be noted, that most of the list isn't going to be done for a while. I'm probably not even bringing it to the Dragon unless I spend a lot of time at home and making sure it's ready for that shit.
    Last edited by METDeath; 10-19-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

What is taking the pictures so long to load?

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroy View Post
    What is taking the pictures so long to load?
    Working... and wanting to clean it up first.

I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Man, the network here sucks, those pictures still aren't showing up...

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

Man, the network here sucks, those pictures still aren't showing up...
    Mine either. I'm calling Comcast.

Check the first post, fuckers.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Smog fail.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

I saw it!

Images

My network sucks here at home too, the pics still aren't loading.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

My network sucks here at home too, the pics still aren't loading.
    No, like he actually saw the car.

Images

Ain't that some shit...

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Thank God for Rednecks!

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

It's a Celica. What else could it look like.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Hookecho View Post
    It's a Celica. What else could it look like.
    Man has a point, there.
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Posted pics finally, fuck all y'all.

Thread Information