CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Default Andy's 1990 Toyota Pickup 1uzfe swap V8 power

Im about to start on the 1uz swap into my pickup, stay tuned and Ill walk you through.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by vafalla
    No, I'm still gay. I like the ladies too.

mmmmm......awesome. I considered that with my 4Runner, it wasn't documented nearly as well when I started my swap as it is now.

I may get a chance to head back to PAP.... I'll keep you posted.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

I let PearlJammzz run The Dragon in 14.7 andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy is a name known to all andy's Avatar
    andy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! andy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. andy helped get Play's clutch job done. andy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Thank john, you da best

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

This has my interest..
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

I have a 2uzfe on an engine stand in my garage I plan on putting in my tacoma. Do you plan on going manual? They make kits online that give you the bell housing,fly wheel, clutch, and slave cylender.

90 alltrac st215 swapped
    94 corolla 5sfe 5 lug swapped
    02 tacoma soon to be 2uzfe swapped
    10 KTM duke 690 pipe sprocket remap

Images

Too much money for that kit, Heres my price break down for my manual swap

Trans - in the truck now
    1uz bell housing - free
    adaptor- free (traded parts)
    GM T-56 throwout bearing - 65 dollars
    Flywheel- 3vze flywheel, holes widened 1/16 inch with a hand file and drill, back end shaved by machine shop -56 flywheel - 75 machine work
    clutch lines - 50
    T-56 to w56 adaptor plate from toyotav8.com-95
    Total $346
    Engine cost $350
    ECU $90?
    Clutch-Free
    misc bull shit-100

Total swap cost ~1000

Pics are uploading to photobucket now

Images

Custom mounts?

Sent from MARS! 👽
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Images

yea, thats the easy part

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I need one of these in my pickup but still retain 4wd. You need to do the T&A mod to those valve covers!
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Lifetime Member Tecker184 is on a distinguished road Tecker184's Avatar
    Tecker184 has donated to the forums!

Images

I will prolly get just the bell housing and flywheel from the kit. My engine only cost me $75 and I already have a manual trans as well. I look forward to this swap.

90 alltrac st215 swapped
    94 corolla 5sfe 5 lug swapped
    02 tacoma soon to be 2uzfe swapped
    10 KTM duke 690 pipe sprocket remap

Images

That is the easy way

vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

That starter looks like a whole lot of fun to change out.

look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

You need to be doing this in MY 4wd truck.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Images

swap is the same in a 4wd, easy breasy.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    swap is the same in a 4wd, easy breasy.

Direct me to some info, sir! This 3VZE has to go!!

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by vip09 View Post
    That starter looks like a whole lot of fun to change out.
    I thought the same thing... Thats a shitty place for a starter.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

I'll be the little spoon KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey has a reputation beyond repute KoreanJoey's Avatar
    KoreanJoey has been to an annual Dragon Meet! KoreanJoey has donated to the forums! KoreanJoey helped get Play's clutch job done. KoreanJoey helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. KoreanJoey helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Yeah it kinda sucks. Swap to ITBs.

OR Call: 1-877-810-7067
    -Part of the Mod Team-
    Joey; Turning Ricers into Racers, one convert at a time.

Originally Posted by MCcelica
    Joey wins this thread.

Rev Over 9000...Safely Now donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs is a glorious beacon of light donteatbugs's Avatar
    donteatbugs has been to an annual Dragon Meet! donteatbugs has donated to the forums! donteatbugs helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. donteatbugs helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. donteatbugs helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I have a couple pics of mounting the trans and fitting it in the truck. I'll upload later

Couple notes.
    The 1uz is shorter than the 22r. The trans moved forward about 3 inches and now the drive shaft will have to be lengthened.
    The proper placement of the engine also requires the oil pan to be cut and modified to clear the steering arm.

Those were the only real surprises we had saturday other than andy not having the proper cutting tools to make motor mounts. That took 4x as long as it should.

Shadow's Minion Army - member #3

Images

that shouldnt have been a surprise lol, heres more pictures

Images

Looks good. More progress than I've made in 6 months.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

That is pretty cool!

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Images

This weekend I hope to finish the trans and get it bolted on for good, then mod the exhaust manifolds, and start on the plumbing with the engine bolted in a final time.

Ryan- Im also not making 700+hp with this joker. plus your build is amazing, I need to swing by and look sometime.

Joey is right. Itbs/

Sent from MARS! 👽
    -2006 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    [Ryan] 2:40 pm: I saw that one but I want to make one my own... lol. And a pic of andy on my leg would make all the girls jealous, good idea

[Murgatroy] 2:41 pm: Yeah, but sitting crosslegged to masturbate would just be kinda creepy.
    Shadow's Minion army - member #1

Thread Information