CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default drive shaft question

so i have a minor problem on the st185...something loose actually...it's the dust cover on the front propeller shaft. and well what happens is there a gingaling gingaling ,say it out loud, it will help to figure it out lol...so i'm trying to figure what is supposed to hold it there originally...i just kinda pushed it back in place and the noise then stoped...but it's likely to happen again...

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

It is just pressed on there. I had the same issue.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Is there a way to change the rubber bushing that it's pressed on to? I'm pretty sure it's all dried up and shrunk a bit...

Edit : there is no rubber bushing it seems... But I still don't understand how it supposed to stay there... I'll have to look at another gt4..If I can find one lol
    Last edited by 819_ay; 11-04-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Also is it normal that the drive shaft has some play when I turn it by hand?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Yes, it should have a little play.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Quote Originally Posted by vip09 View Post
    It is just pressed on there. I had the same issue.
    How did you fix it??or stop it from falling off?

Thread Information