CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 5sfte Track Questions

Hey guys, I recently had a 2000 GT-S and was able to get 15.0 at the track. How much PSI would i have to run on my 5sfe to get to that at least?

i would think about 8 would be able to get that easily, ive seen a guy here in town wit just intake exhuast, and advance timing pull a 16.2
    i miss my celica
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smile

i ran 16.01 wit intake exhaust n a new exedy clu tch

I'll let you know pretty soon. I should be going to the track soon now that its opened. Hopefully I should put down some good numbers if I can get traction. If not, I've got a few tricks up my sleeve for this summer.....
    Website is up and running again:

I'll probably go next Friday.

-Twin Entry CT-26 & manifold
    -JDM MKIII Supra intercooler (different endtanks than USDM)
    -2.25" intercooler piping
    -7MGE light green tops
    -2 bar map
    -MSD BTM
    -2.5" Brullen cat-back
    -custom 2.5" Midpipe
    -stock downpipe w/ gutted cat
    -no boost controller and no plans for one w/o upgraded internals/tuning
    -boost anywhere from 7-9psi summer and 12&up in winter depending on temperature (fuel cut set at 12psi)

wow cant wait to see what kind of times i can be expecting. good luck

Hey Shreindogg, a boost controller will help you even set at 12 psi. It will help the boost to come on faster.

Quote Originally Posted by schreindogg
    -Twin Entry CT-26 & manifold
    -JDM MKIII Supra intercooler (different endtanks than USDM)
    -2.25" intercooler piping
    -7MGE light green tops
    -2 bar map
    -MSD BTM
    -2.5" Brullen cat-back
    -custom 2.5" Midpipe
    -stock downpipe w/ gutted cat
    -no boost controller and no plans for one w/o upgraded internals/tuning
    -boost anywhere from 7-9psi summer and 12&up in winter depending on temperature (fuel cut set at 12psi)
    that setup and your wondering if your gonna hit 15s???
    try low to mid 14s
    Good luck with it though

Where did I say I was hoping to run 15's? I've ran the numbers a few times and with a decent launch I should pull a 14.5.

Alltracman, I've got enough boost control problems without a boost controller right now. I'd like to straighten everything out before putting one on. My friend's got a homemade ball and spring controller in his garage somewhere that I might put on later. Plus, boost comes on quick enough that I have no traction in 1st and part of second already.

with my 1992 GT 5sfe Intake Exhaust I ran a 16.0

I hope to get my 5sfTe up in a month or so and see what changes....I hope its not the head gasket lol

Peace,
    TRD Terror

Still havent got out there. The friday night test n tune just started up again on the 17th. I finally got my new Dunlop FM901's put on and I installed my new wheel bearing so after I finish welding up my new battery mount and get the box covered, I will head out there and get some times. I also have some money left over after buying the tires, so now I should be able to buy a set of S5 Rx-7 460cc injectors after I get an alignment.

I ran a 14.7 at Famoso on 0 PSI.
    "The best nut you can tighten is the one behind the wheel."

(NOTE: Please send an E-mail if you want to get a hold of me in a timely fashion as I don't log into this message board often anymore. I still have the V6 Celica. Yes, I do drive it daily, and no I haven't made any changes to it in the last couple years.)

Quote Originally Posted by Celicaguy13
    any updates?

1991 GT // Sold as Of November 30th, 2009 =(

very intrested in numbers.. heres hoping for 13's

wow out of all the 5sfte's out there, There are a few who actually take them to the track. Maybe therer arnt any around them..

Still haven't got a chance to get out to the track yet. I have been so damn busy with work, I have missed every test 'n tune at the track. I have worked almost every Friday evening since I got hired. My downpipe still isnt in yet, but I hope to have it on before I go the track. I promise to get you guys some numbers as soon as I run it. I might even get enough money by then to get the Ultimate E-Manage so I can do some tuning while I'm there.

I went to the track yesterday to see what I can get before the turbo, but My clutch is SLIPPING! I was only able to go twice but the first time I missed 3rd gear and I hit a 17.3, and on my 2nd try "clutch almost gone" I hit a 16.5 with a crappy launch i think it was like a 2.4 60ft. Anyways all I have for upgrades is a crappy custom sri. Cant wait to see what a turbo and stage 2 clutch will put!

Thread Information