CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Definative st185 3SGTE modest street build thread

A ? for the few that have built kick ass 3SGTE mod engines. If I was going to, able to get my 90 3SGTE, 148k miles engine machined in town, what parts would make a kick ass smooth running street All Trac using stock US harness and ECU? Crank, rods and pistons? Cylinder head? Cams? Using stock turbo. Possibly what aftermarket intake if there are any. Using big intercooler.

Not for beating a new vette at the drag strip, just a kick ass street driving All Trac. Dont want to spend $6k. Just use my original spare engine to really make it kick ass. If possible. Maybe its a dumb question, IDK. Thanks,
    69 Mustang coupe 351W edelbrock performer top end, 89 Mustang GT TF top end BBK SSI intake, 90 All Trac JDM 92 swap! "Fiery the angels rose...Deep thunder rolld' around their shores. Indignant, burning with the fires of Orc."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Stock internals are plenty strong for anything the factory turbo puts out, just make sure it gets a full recondition (rods resized, polished, peened). Some higher lift cams with minimal duration would be a nice bonus. I'd leave everything else powertrain alone and invest in the chassis. (I would take the turbine housing off and send it out to get ported)
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

Honestly, if you are considering getting your bottom end done, search around for a gen 3 EFI swap. Its good for alot more power, and still has stock reliability. And really all you have to do is repin the ECU connector...

Quote Originally Posted by l0ch0w View Post
    Honestly, if you are considering getting your bottom end done, search around for a gen 3 EFI swap. Its good for alot more power, and still has stock reliability. And really all you have to do is repin the ECU connector...

is there a sticky for this whats needed and all?

its my sleeper....

also 90toyalltrac.

i am currently doin a full rebuild
    using complete stock parts..

except
    im having my turbo rebuilt milled to t3/t4 hybrid
    to a .50 and putting a nice new ceramic coating..
    ill prob make a thread once i get the eng out ..

what im lookin into is either getting the wolfkratz 8mm fuel rail.
    but idk if i can fit bigger injectors w it..

or just spend the cash for a top feed and bigger inj.

watchin the funds as i do it

its my sleeper....

Thread Information