CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 3sgte swap done, but now headlights and parking lights dont work...help!!!

i did a 3sgte into a st-184 with the 3s main harness all the way to the fuse box using a 3s fuse box but a 5s harnes from the fuse box to that front driver side hole where the rest of the harness goes through by the lights. we finished the swap today but my lights dont work, the gauge cluster work but we didn't have much time to check why the headlights and parking lights wreren't working, because i had to work....the brake lights work and i press them, and when i arm the alarm the parking lights go on also. i dont know why. i checked the fuses in the driver side kick panel and they were all good, i check the fuses in the engine bay and they were good also. but when my cousin ran a test light through them in the engine bay they didn't turn on i might of done something wrong with the wiring on the fuse box. there are 4 wires that i dont know waht to do with. 2 black with red stripe with silver bands from the fuse box......2 black with red stripes coming from the driver side harness......1 red with yellow stripes silver band, 1 red with yellow stripe with two silver bands froming from the fuse box also and 2 red with yellow stripes coming from the car...the i hooked them up so many different ways but the headlights weren't coming on. i dont know if those wires are the problem or if they are something else. the motor for the lights work but the lights dont go on. i also have a set of auto meter c2 gauges wired to the 7.5A ign fuse on the driver side kick panel that used to work and they do not work anymore but the fuse is still good, im confused with that....well let me know what you think

I am not familiar with swap wiring. Good call on where to put this post, but I am going to move it to our forced induction forum where our swappers hang out. Good luck!
    2007 Mazda RX-8 GT
    1992 Toyota Celica All-trac Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MeOw?! ^_^ ... ZoOm ... rAr! ... *eats a fish*

http://www.gtfour.ca/howtoswap.html

This is from Chris D page. I swapped a 93 JDM 3SGTE into a 88 GTS. I have everything working: (high and low)head lights, parking lights, turns, fan relays, brake lights, reverse lights, idle up on power steering and rear defroster. This page was very useful. Thanks Chris

Thread Information