CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Looking for a Good Guide for Removing Gauges/Install

I'm just look for a good guide to follow on removing my stock gauges and installing my new ones. Thanx!

AllOutRed90

hmm i dunni i dont have one but i have done the job...maybe tomorrow ill take them out and do it for ya...since im such a nice guy i need to anyways haha

Hey thanks man that'd be great. Right now I've gotten the glove box, center console, and cd player stuff out. I'm working on the piece that contains the AC/Heater controls and I'm just not really sure if I can get it out or how to go about it. I've disconnected the cold air and hot air lines but I don't want to force anything unless I know I can. Just Lemme know.

Thanks for any help you can provide me

AllOutRed90

wiat you have a GT i have a GTS the controls will be different...you only wanna remove the gauges right?

I have a few pictures of my console and where I am so far. My AIM screen name is 'precisionsick.' I'll see if I can catch you sometime while you're on, or hopefully you'll catch me. Either way I think it would be easier to explain with a picture or two. Thanks man. -Pre-

AllOutRed90

i am not using my other computer that has aim on it....but actually i didnt have access to a photo, but i already took my dash apart and put it back together....

Did you have any trouble with the hot and cold air lines attached to the hot air cold air knob?

AllOutRed90

i dont know waht you are talking about>? mine must be different then yours due to the fact that its a GTS or sumn, because mine is all removed with bolts screws and plugs...no hot or cold air lines??/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    1991 Celica GT Coupe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by BellaCelica95
    lmao- it's okay cause you rock my socks.
    ^ She's talking about me

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar is a splendid one to behold Galcobar's Avatar

Images

Or WishIHadAStick's site: http://www.geocities.com/wishihadastick/
    He's got a guide on guages under the installations tab.
    Men call cars "she" because it gives them at least one female they can claim to understand
    --------------------------
    Mazda Velocity Red paint; Eibach Pro-Kit; KYB GR-2; rear disc brake conversion; Suspension Techniques rear anti-sway bar; sixth-gen suspension arm conversion; Bosch E-code H4 housings

gen5

You have two choices. Some people have removed the gauges while leaving the temp control in place, not sure how, but they said it is a little tricky. If you want to remove the temp control. you will need to detach two lines, one is near the gas pedal to the right of it,

the other is under the hood, just behind your throttle body to the left of the coil, yellow arrow is the tb, green is the coil-

Just slide these off and pull you controls out. When you do this, notice where the blue one comes out of. There is a white tube it slides in and out of that guides it through the firewall, make sure you put it back through there. Also note how the other one is routed before removing to make installation easier.

gen5

Did this help any?

thats some pretty good links guys. good job

98 GST - Greddy Profec Type S, evo valve lash adjusters, FMIC, 660cc Injectors, EVO Big 16g Turbo, 6 BOLT SWAP, and 6 puck clutch

Thread Information