CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Project CMS-GT4

Default Project CMS-GT4

Finally starting a project thread here. I have had the car since Aug 99. Its gone through quite a few changes, and its been quite the adventure.

The car was perfect when I got it. It started out red. I flew to MI to get it.

I was in a fender bend and my dad convinced me to use his painter friend to fix the car. The car offered to paint the whole car another color for the cost of paint.

I later regretted it since he disapeared and the paint washed and chipped off.
    It did produce an awesome color when the sun was going down. I drove it like this for a while.

Here I am at the 2nd Celica dragon meet back in 02 or 03.

I blew the engine due to a silicone hose being sucked into the turbo and spraying all its oil out on the hwy. I was given such insulting offers for the car I decided to let it rot before giving it away.

The weekend I blew the engine I decided I was done working on cars and went to get a 350z. I enjoyed the car for a while but decided I did not like debt so I went to bring my alltrac back to life. I ordered a new shortblock where UPS managed to loose amd smash. I then discovered MR2 guru in asheville and ordered a st205 engine from them. It took a long time for me to get the car done. I ended up paying the Z off before I could even finish the car.

Once the car was done it was sent off to a paint shop which ended up being a whole drama that involved the police. The guy did not even own a paint shop... but any how it was a long story.

After collecting my car, I took it to a real paint shop and had the car painted GT Silver Metallic. I now get to enjoy it a bit, and will enjoy it more once I get the AC fixed. Once I do my BBK I will be selling my Z. We are having a kid so there is no point for me to have a 2 seater anymore.

Exterior
    RC Gtfour hood and front bumper
    Porsche GT Silver Metallic Paint
    Sportmax 050 wheels: 17x9 38et wrapped in 255/40/17 tires
    Custom front lip

Interior
    Momo Steering Wheel
    AE92 Short Shifter
    Momo Shiftknob
    Autometer Boost Gauge
    Autometer Water Temp

Suspension
    Tein HA Coilovers and Pillow Mounts
    Cusco Underbrace
    Super Pro Bushings
    Whiteline Strut bars
    Whiteline Rear swaybar
    Solid Rear lsd mount
    25mm rear spacer
    Torsen rear lsd

Engine/ Transmission
    Rev3 3sgte and water to air intercooler
    Ford Racing Intercooler Pump
    Uprated Mustang Cobra Heat Echanger
    greddy profec b spec 2 (15psi)
    ASI racing radiator
    Custom intake + K&N filter
    3" Turbo back exhaust to 2.5" Sard Mig exhaust
    RC gearbox

In progress
    5x114 conversion
    Rear 205 brakes
    Front wilwood superlight setup
    tie rod flip kit
    front lip

When its not cloudy out, the paint is quite shiny.

With another local gtfour.

The interior is in good shape, it just needs to be cleaned well.

I need to clean the engine bay some as it still has a bit of dust in it. I may make a panel for the air filter as well. The contraption on the top is the water to air intercooler.

A shirt I am making inspired by the car.

With a local 6th gen.

At the years first autox.

Winter wheels (I need to fixed a curbed one and paint them all one color)
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/8426/photo19fk.jpg

And the front lip I just finished working on today. After it has some time to cure I will mount it.

Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    | offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

As for other projects I am working on now. I am working on gtfour inspired shirts.

I am also working on converting the car to 5x114 bolt pattern and installing my BBK. The brake kit will save me 12lbs of unsprung weight on each wheel in the front.

I am currently trying to remove my rear spacers but they seem stuck. I think I am going to have to use a hub puller or something to remove them.

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

I do love the way this car looks. That colour + the RC bits really modernize the look of the car.

PS can't you take screenshots?
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Thanks.
    I know I can take screen shots, but I post to instagram to update people on projects I am doing. That's why they are taken that way.

One corner done.

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

The car looks great man! Good to see you finally got it back and have it running.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Who's the young, skinny dude with all the hair? LOL!

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Quote Originally Posted by vip09 View Post
    The car looks great man! Good to see you finally got it back and have it running.
    Thanks. I have been driving it around the past year. Once I get these brakes and 5x114 conversion done, I will sell the Z. Only two months left before my kid is born, so no need for a 2 seater anymore.

And Jon, that is me circa 1999. I had long hair most my life... till I started falling out like it was on fire.

Well my order came in from 1st toyota. For what I paid for shipping, the packaging is pretty shitty. I miss when I could get parts directly from TRD. They also did not send my wheel bearings, which I needed the most right now. I was hoping to drop off my spindles this week to get the new hubs pressed. Maybe it will still show, but who knows.

Anyhow, here is my nice new corner lights and the supra front emblem. I had to cut the top peg off, and cut 2/3's off the bottom peg. It fits well though. My old corners go into storage for those in case moments.

So 1st toyota is trying to say they packed the items and shipped them. Of course they did not. So I gave them all my info, and hopefully they will make this right.

So my tie rod flip kit is now installed. It was harder than expected. I am keeping my dust shield and that prevented me from using my vice. I had to rig up a solution for mounting the spindles and drilling them. Drilling went quick, coming up with a solution to use them with my drill press was the time consumer. Here you can see the bottom and top of the kit installed. That stuff oozing out is epoxy. The one I did first was already cured and it feels solid.

My wife is getting sick of the time this brake project is taking me. The baby will be here soon, and I need this car done so the Z can leave. I drew up my possible caliper brackets. I am waiting on the quote from the steel place to see what it would take to cut the outline, then I will just drill my on holes once they get here.

Resident Japexican Ninjaneer
    bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Josh are the mounting holes between the ST185 and the 6g the same? I know that they are between 165/185, I'm not sure if that carries over to the common 6g as well...
    -Shadow's Army- Ninjaneer/Resident 6g Killer-

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '96 GT "Abby" ~ RIP 11/17/2013
    '96 GT 'vert "Lily" ~ RIP 08/22/2015
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Originally Posted by Hookecho
    I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

Yep, the mounting holes are the same from 4th gen to 7th gen celicas. 185 brakes can bolt up to a 20x and 7th gen brakes can as well. Had I sold my 205 calipers I was going to buy the trd stoptech kit made for the 7th gen. I might had needed a small spacer, but it should had fit on my 185 based on some of the threads I found on the 6th gen and 7th gen forums. I still need to sell my 205 brakes. Hopefully soon.

My brackets are now done.

Started as a drawing. that I based off of measurements from an old bracket gtfour77 sent me with the kit. I tweaked it for my height difference and with some actual drawings I found of the willwood calipers and a bracket made for the 205. The 205 drawing was off by 1mm vs my template and my guestimate for height was off by 1mm too tall. Took me 3 or 4 plexiglass templates. If I was to do it over again, I would use some thicker plaster but it might be harder to cut the outer shape by hand.

I don't have any sophisticated machinery are know a whole lot about methods, so I came up with my own. Since I threaded my template I could not center the bit on it as easily since the hole was a little larger. I bought a long m12x1.25 bolt and cut the head off to center my hole on the chuck. I then swapped to the drill bit to get my hole.

Then I had to tap it. I think its pretty hard to get a perfect 90 degree tap in metal. So I double sided taped the plexi template on it, and then screwed in the tap into the old bracket. I was then able to line that up with the threads on the plexi template and then I was able to screw in the tap and get a perfect hole.

Here is my final bracket next to the old one that gtfour77 used with vette rotors. Now I just need to make my other bracket, then I can start working on the hydraulic system and getting back on the road. The baby will likely be here in a week, so I am busting butt. Doing this on top of working on the house, doing my job and preparing for the baby.

bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney is just really nice bloodMoney's Avatar
    bloodMoney has been to an annual Dragon Meet! bloodMoney has donated to the forums! bloodMoney helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Nice!

What are the material specs and thickness that you're using for the bracket? Any heat or flex concerns?

I've been following your big brake since your original thoughts on the 205 4-pots....

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

I told him that he shouldn't be ashamed of being gay. He should be ashamed of stealing that ladies dick.

The metal is 3/8s steel. Its some heavy duty stuff I ordered from a steel company. I had told them my application, then told them I wanted something a little stronger. Not really any heat or flext concerns. Though it looks small, its beefier than anything I have seen on most off the shelf kits. After doing this though, I do have confidence to had made something with the 205 calipers. I mostly opted out cause this was already setup for my 5x114 conversion and its super light. Too rare a chance to find a setup this light and cheap to maintain. Rotor rings are about $30 each so its just as cheap to replace rotors as it was on a stock alltrac.

Coming along very nice Josh.
    Mike
    92 All Trac-Daily Driver

lookin good
    R.I.P Cherry Bomb (1990 Celica ST)

They call me Hadoken because im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE

Thanks guys. Hoping to wrap it up this week.

Looks great Josh! When the sun's up and the baby's asleep, get some better pics in!!!

'88 Alltrac "Patty"
    '90 Alltrac "Ellie"
    '04 LS430 "Alice"
    '98 GS400

Thanks. Baby takes up a lot of time. I need to bleed the system again, then make a few tweaks. Hopefully it will get sunny again. Looks like rain the rest of the week.

One thing I did do today was fit my rays from my 350z. The tire size is of course too tall, but if I ever wanted to run 18s this would be a great option. I likely will always run 17s though. You can also get a better look at the supra pearl black emblem.

Nice project, so how do those brakes feel?

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

Thread Information