CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default cant find oem type wire insulation

Does anyone know were I can find the heat insulation that goes over the alternator cable or the same type that goes over the oxygen sensor wire but like a 3/4" size? It looks like fiberglass or something. I need it to cover up some wires I exposed when I installed my mechman alternator and now those wires are exposed to heat from the exh manifold
    I bought some wire insulation from Amazon to protect wires from the heat. but its conductive and I don't want to take a chance with it shorting something. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TX...1539762&sr=8-1 I only paid $8 for it anyways

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

http://www.panduit.com/Products/Prod...me=SE12PFR-MR0

Are those gigantic ground wires on your alternator? Why?

braided sleeving...duh. thank you yes they are groung cables, i only need 1 but since i already put one to the chassis before i was told that i needed to run a cable straight to the battery negative i just left both. its a H/O Mechman alternator.

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

There is another alternative - a product called "Roundit 2000" - it is made by a company named "Bentley Harris".

We use it at my work to wrap harnesses we supply with our automotive electronic module test systems. These lead into a Thermotron environmental chamber where the devices are tested at up to 80C and down to -40C. That stuff has a melting temperature of 200C and is still flexible at -70C.

There is another variant of this product that goes up way beyond 200C! - though much more expensive. (like $8.00/foot vs. $2/foot)

You can get both at cableorganizer.com.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

Thread Information