CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default Need help with a prank

Hey guys, Its been a while. So my brother just starting driving his 93 GT-S. I want to play a prank on him. I want to wire his horn to go off every time he hits the brake petal. Now Id undo it before he left the house I just want to get him in the drive way or something. Any ideas on how to do this would be great and Id really appreciate it. I am a firefighter now and I have seen this done at the fire house as a prank I just have no clue how to do it.
    Thanks!

Edit:
    The last thing I want to do is to mess something up. It is my brother so by any means I don't want anything to happen to him or his car that he just rebuilt. If cant figure it out with some help then its just going to have to be a funny idea that never happens. I don't think it is a good thing to mess with anyone's breaks. I do think it would be okay to do it in a drive way and change it back as soon as the joke was over as long as I know what I am doing. So if you think it is a stupid idea, I understand why
    Last edited by CarolinaJr.; 06-05-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    1990 GT Coupe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The last thing I want to do is to mess something up. It is my brother so by any means I don't want anything to happen to him or his car that he just rebuilt. If cant figure it out with some help then its just going to have to be a funny idea that never happens. I don't think it is a good thing to mess with anyone's breaks. I do think it would be okay to do it in a drive way and change it back as soon as the joke was over as long as I know what I am doing. So if you think it is a stupid idea, I understand why

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

In my mind, what would be more funny is if you rigged it to honk the horn when the door is open. That way it's not critical, but it is annoying and you can leave it for a while until he gets tired of it...
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

Perhaps to his turn signals? Or reverse lights. XD
    "FOCUS ON THE CAR... high school girls can be expensive =P" - Anonymous, Toyota Celica Forums

Find me on FaceBook!

im no expert but for the brakes i would put a wire from the brake bulb power wire to a relay and for the doors mabey a relay going to the dome light?

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Just put a couple squirts of ATF in the tail pipe, itll smoke like crazy til it burns off.

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Do it with the turn signal lamps. it will be easier and less wire to run. Get some wire splice connectors from the parts store and simply connect the power wire from the signal lamp to the power wire on the horn. It's easily removed and you will only have to run a couple feet of wire.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Senior Member underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough underscore is a jewel in the rough
    underscore has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! underscore has donated to the forums!

I coulda sworn you can just run a jumper in the fuse box from the brake light fuse to the horn fuse.
    1992 GT-S // 1991 GTFour RC // 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I coulda sworn you can just run a jumper in the fuse box from the brake light fuse to the horn fuse.
    This.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

Featuring Chaos, the Wendigo Celica Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MrWOT View Post
    This.
    That is how I would have done it.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Yup, if both are negative trigger wires. But I'm pretty sure that the brake switch wire (green/white, I think) is a positive trigger while the horn wire (green, in the steering column) is a negative trigger. It's been a few years, so I don't remember. If that's the case, then you don't want to jump the wires directly together.

There are probably a few ways to do it, but I'd use a relay.

85 to brake wire +
    86 to ground
    87 to ground
    30 to horn wire -
    Last edited by alltracNyx; 06-07-2012 at 12:03 AM.
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

Get 4 blade style electrical connectors that are the same size as the blades in a fuse and 4 pieces of wire that can connect all four together when jumpering the brake light fuse and the horn fuse... Its as simple as that...

Thanks very much guys, I like the door and blinker ideas. Ill be sure to take pics and show what and how I do once I get it all figured out.
    1990 GT Coupe.

Thread Information