CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Default My interior/gauges setup

Ive never actually posted how my interior is set up now, with my 3rd boost gauge install and the conversion to all Greddy gauges.

On the A-pillar, we have: Fuel pressure, oil pressure, EGT. In the gauge cluster there is boost in the middle top, J&S knock retard on the middle bottom, the water injection LED just to the left of that, and then repositioned OEM guages in the corners (water temp and fuel level). Down by the stereo head unit there is injector duty cycle / nb a/f and the control for my 10 disc cd changer.

Last edited by ChrisD; 06-02-2005 at 04:11 PM.
    1988 ST165 2.2L @ 370awhp
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1994 ST205 WRC
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

locker

Love the guages.... Nice and simple

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Mike431635 is on a distinguished road Mike431635's Avatar

Very cool. The cluster looks stock. That's an interesting injector duty cycle meter. Out of curiosity, where did you get it?

locker

Is that a stock cluster??? Thats exactly where I'd love to put my boost gauge in the 5th gen

Nice, I like it. I want to switch my gauges around as well in the cluster. I want new gauges that look like the 7th gen celicas. Like your gauges in your guage pod. Starts vertical.

98 GST - Greddy Profec Type S, evo valve lash adjusters, FMIC, 660cc Injectors, EVO Big 16g Turbo, 6 BOLT SWAP, and 6 puck clutch

gen5

Hey nice work Chris. Now just do something about those orange needles

niiiiice
    i really like

AIM: ibanezgfx

how about a night time pic of all the gauges ?
    Boosted. Tuned. Ready.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD has much to be proud of ChrisD's Avatar
    ChrisD has been to an official Ogopogo Meet! ChrisD has donated to the forums! ChrisD helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! ChrisD helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon ChrisD helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by locker
    Love the guages.... Nice and simple
    Thanks! I am really happy with them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike431635
    Very cool. The cluster looks stock. That's an interesting injector duty cycle meter. Out of curiosity, where did you get it?
    I was going for a stock look. Took a lot of work. I got the injector duty meter used from a person on alltrac.net. However, I've seen it available here: http://www.efisystems.com/af_monitors_narrow.html , although there is an aussie manufacturer of a digital one for quite cheap as well. Do a search for that one, I was talking to keyroo about it before.

Quote Originally Posted by locker
    Is that a stock cluster??? Thats exactly where I'd love to put my boost gauge in the 5th gen
    Stock 4th gen cluster.

The two holes in the middle were enlarged to fit the bigger 52mm gauges. I also had to remove a lot of material from behind the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by pimpedcelicast
    Nice, I like it. I want to switch my gauges around as well in the cluster. I want new gauges that look like the 7th gen celicas. Like your gauges in your guage pod. Starts vertical.
    7th gen gauges are nice. Too much work and $$ for me to bother with that though.

Quote Originally Posted by gen5
    Hey nice work Chris. Now just do something about those orange needles
    Hey! They stay orange! Actually I dont mind them at all really. Too much work for me at this point to bother changing them over. I have way too many projects on the go to have to do more on the interior...at least for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezgfx
    niiiiice
    i really like
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagos
    how about a night time pic of all the gauges ?

Picky bastard. I'll work on it! If I can't get to it tonight, I won't be able to get it for a week or so b/c I'll be out of town.

Chris

1994 ST205 WRC

locker

too bad the 4th gen cluster wouldn't swap into a 5th gen

Images

Night pics. Excuse the quality, it's not easy to take these pics without a tripod. It honestly looks a thousand times better in person.

1994 ST205 WRC

AllOutRed90

wow those look awesome...!

now you just need a short shifter chris...thats almost as long as my old nissan 20sx se-r's shifter...nice gauges though.

2004 Acura RSX
    2009 Toyota Rav4 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Big_PimpN
    now you just need a short shifter chris...
    hacksaawwwww. . .

looks great. I like. much.

Originally Posted by Colossus20v
    ^The years of ninja training helped...

Images

Thanks guys!

haha yeah the SS is on my list of things to do, I seem to always be out of money though! Maybe when I get a new job.

1994 ST205 WRC

Driving Miss Daisy VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ is a name known to all VikingJZ's Avatar
    VikingJZ has been to an annual Dragon Meet! VikingJZ has donated to the forums! VikingJZ helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. VikingJZ helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009.

Images

Very nice gauges. Think of it this way...you're lucky to have a job. I am still a hunter. Damn it GWB.

I bought a set of indiglo gauges for my 4th gen from a guy on Cardomain.com. I haven't hooked em up yet as my tranny swap is still 50% complete. But supposedly they can switch from green to blue. It also has a dim switch.

I'll send pics when it's rockin'.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco bloodredgt is on a distinguished road bloodredgt's Avatar

sweet set up Chris!

That's awesome how you integrated the boost gauge with the stock gauge cluster!
    White 5th Gen GT-S 5 speed SOLD
    2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe V6 6spd

arnt those gauges like 200$ each? holayyyyy nice set up

Hey ChrisD (or anyone that may know): Wasn't there a how-to write-up on how you modded the 4th gen gauge cluster? I recall seeing it but can't find it now. Got the link? Thanks!
    Last edited by Rick89GTS; 10-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.
    ^
    88 ST165...All-Trac

89GTS...Ol' Faithful

86GTS...my 3rd Celica

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I did almost the same thing on Jasmine when I had her.

My gauge was a bit bigger so it was kinda funky.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...t#post30098451

Worked out well though. After I replaced the bezel it looked damn near stock (except for the color).

Here's what it looked like after I fixed the bezel.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/sho...1#post30143932
    Last edited by 4thgenceli; 10-24-2013 at 03:47 PM.
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

^
    88 ST165...All-Trac

89GTS...Ol' Faithful

86GTS...my 3rd Celica

Thread Information