CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Default ST165 TB coupler quick fix?

So, the TB coupler that attachs to the TB and IC on my alltrac has a chunk of rubber missing from the inside and I am curious what is the best temporary fix for this? I was thinking silicon or something.

I know the best option would be to get a new one, but I am just trying to get the car reassembled for now so I can start it and see what it really needs. And I dont want to spend money on parts that I may not be using shortly after (I have a 3sge manifold I may be installing shortly after).

Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

When you say rubber missing from the inside what do you mean? Like a hole or split all the way through? I guess you could wrap a few layers of duct or gorilla tape around the hole. It will hold fine for idling the engine and driving at low throttle in vacuum. Wont hold boost pressure though.

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Ultimo Miembro Fantįstico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

The coupler seems to have a hard plastic outside then a rubbery material lining the inside of that. The rubber is what has a chunk missing out of it. Odds are I could use it as is to get it running, but it could cause obvious issues. May try duck tape after trying to start it, but was hoping to do something that would make it useable for when trying to start that wouldn't need to be removed immediately.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Dude, the car will start with a pretty good sized vacuum leak on it.

However, that said, you could probably use window weld, or just FIPG to fix it. FIPG is some serious shit.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

May try that. I just want to patch it up enough to try and rule out little shit that is caused by vacuum leaks if it does start easily. I have already come to grips that I will be taking it all apart again anyway lol

Murg's Heathen's Pet Snitch Monkey CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut is a splendid one to behold CollapsedNut's Avatar
    CollapsedNut has been to an annual Dragon Meet! CollapsedNut has donated to the forums! CollapsedNut helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Go find a big radiator hose at the auto parts and cut a section for what you need?

Originally Posted by manda
    what do I know? I'm just a woman on a car forum..
    guess I better get back to makin your sammich
    Cheese! Cheese for everyone! Wait..no. No cheese for you!

89 Celica GT

88 ST165 "
    "
    07 4Runner SR5

If you're trying tape, try Rescue Tape. That stuff is the shiz.
    ra·tion·al·ize /ˈręʃənlˌaɪz, ˈręʃnlˌaɪz/ Show Spelled [rash-uh-nl-ahyz, rash-nl-ahyz] Show IPA verb, -ized, -iz·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1. to ascribe (one's acts, opinions, etc.) to causes that superficially seem reasonable and valid but that actually are unrelated to the true, possibly unconscious and often less creditable or agreeable causes.

or Gorilla tape...
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Lifetime Member shreddr69 is on a distinguished road
    shreddr69 has donated to the forums!

what good is the 3sge manifold on the alltrac??? As far as a quick fix, get the correct size pvc pipe and silicone it on the inside of the coupler. Don't know if it'll work but it sounds good, in theory.

Violence and Sin Keeps Me Fearless

Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy has a reputation beyond repute Murgatroy's Avatar
    Murgatroy has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Murgatroy has donated to the forums! Murgatroy helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. Murgatroy helped get Play's clutch job done. Murgatroy helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. Murgatroy helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Quote Originally Posted by shreddr69 View Post
    what good is the 3sge manifold on the alltrac??? As far as a quick fix, get the correct size pvc pipe and silicone it on the inside of the coupler. Don't know if it'll work but it sounds good, in theory.
    The 3SGE intake is a side feed, it offers easier routing when adding a FMIC. Rumor also has it that is fixes a lean condition the factory top feed intake has.

Yoda for President

Chaos `90 Celica

Harmony `13 Mustang

Originally Posted by Tallahassee
    Thank God for Rednecks!

Originally Posted by Vince
    Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!

Originally Posted by Murg's Wife
    Don't touch naked people!

Lifetime Member shreddr69 is on a distinguished road
    shreddr69 has donated to the forums!

oh, cool, learned something! Just like every time I scope these pages!!

Thread Information