CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default HF Portable Abrasive Blaster

http://www.harborfreight.com/portabl...kit-37025.html

So far i've only put some Soda media through it to work on my boat, but this thing rocks so far. Some child's play sand and it should make a great sand blaster for metal parts, etc.

Facime commented you can make one real easy, but this goes on sale quite often for 32$ or so, add in a 20-25% off coupon and it's cheaper than my time is worth seeing as I have more projects than time left in this life time...

Later
    C

A friend of mine let me borrow his to sand blast some wheels. I've been weary on using it because he says the sand will go all over the place (I've never sand blasted). I was thinking of making some sort of cabinet to keep the sand from flying all over the place. Any suggestions?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Religion has many gods. For this tribe, this is their God.
    **New and improved wavy effect!!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Doowstados will become famous soon enough Doowstados will become famous soon enough

Images

Quote Originally Posted by GT4SOM View Post
    A friend of mine let me borrow his to sand blast some wheels. I've been weary on using it because he says the sand will go all over the place (I've never sand blasted). I was thinking of making some sort of cabinet to keep the sand from flying all over the place. Any suggestions?
    I've used an old shed (a small 4x4x6). Make sure you use a respirator, it'll destroy your lungs.
    - Dustin J.

1991 Toyota Celica GT

Interested, continue elaboration please.

She won't be going anywhere for a good while.
    But i still love her...

In the words of Archimedes, "Give me a long enough lever, and a place to rest it, or I will kill a hostage every hour."

it looks like a fairly good product, with only 7$ shipping to canada ,would be practical but like GT4SOM said it would be better to make some sort of box so the sand doesn't get all over the place...

Thread Information