CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Cool SoCal Big Bear BBQ & Cruise (Sunday April 22nd)

Greetings Fellow Californians!

It's time to gather Celica owners and Celica enthusiasts in Southern California for a meet and cruise of the San Bernardino mountains! The drive is gorgeous and the weather should be amazing. Not many of us SoCal guys can make it to the Dragon or Ogopogo, but we can all get to Big Bear. If you know anyone who would be interested, feel free to invite them and RSVP here!

We are cruising the historic and very scenic Rim of the World drive up to Big Bear lake for a spring BBQ in the mountains.

What:
    SoCal Big Bear Celica BBQ & Cruise

Where:
    Big Bear Lake, CA
    1PM Meet at Wildwood Park in San Bernardino for photos and drive
    130PM Cruise up the Rim of the World Highway to Big Bear, with stops!
    3PM-5PM BBQ in Meadow Park at Big Bear Lake

When:
    Sunday, April 22nd 1PM till 5pm.

Who:
    1) TRDRACING89 - Matthew - 94' Celica GT (celicatech.com)
    2) Car Barn Bandit - Michael - 91' Celica GTS (celicatech.com)
    3) Eric Barrera - Eric - 91' Celica GT (celicatech.com)
    4) zen - name? - 91' Celica GTS (celicatech.com)
    5) lalojamesliz - Eduardo - 91' Celica Alltrac (celicatech.com)
    6) tubasteve - Steve - 90' Celica Alltrac (alltrac.net)
    7) 199celica - name? - 99' Celica GT (6gc.net)
    8) celica_gtx - name? - 90' GT (alltrac.net) possible
    9) Juan - 90' Alltrac (alltrac.net)
    10) 310celicagt2003 - Melvin - 03' Celica GT (newcelica.org)
    11) MDcelica - name? - 91' Celica GTS (alltrac.net)
    12) Angel - 91' Celica Alltrac (alltrac.net)
    13) Salvador - 73' Celica (1stgencelica.com)
    14) Isaias - 80' Celica
    15) Danny - 83' Celica GT
    16) Schwartz202 - 94' Celica GTS (6gc.net)
    17) Bruce - 94' MR2 (facebook)
    18) KillBill - Xavier - 88' Celica Alltrac (alltrac.net)
    19) Adam - 81' Celica Coupe
    20) Stewart - stewartkb - 84' Celica-Supra
    21) Streetgambler - 03' Celica GT
    22) Carlos - Corolla
    23) dojaguy - Oscar - 7th Gen (newcelica.org)
    24) Carlos - 94' GT Vert (Facebook)
    25)

Let's spread the word and get a few Celicas together to show the rest of CTech we exist!

Last edited by Car_Barn_Bandit; 04-15-2012 at 08:52 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Post up what you guys are willing to bring so we can make a food/supply list. We will need to get a Fire Permit for the grille (free) for our meet as well.

Food List
    1) Eric - Plates, cups, soda, grille
    2) Michael - Carne Asada, Tortillas, Cheese, Salsa
    3) Matthew - Hot Dogs, Buns, Condiments
    4) Oscar - Potato Salad
    5) Carlos - Drinks
    6)
    7)

Official Route Map
    Last edited by Car_Barn_Bandit; 04-15-2012 at 08:51 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Eric Barrera is on a distinguished road

Images

I got plates, cups, and sodas.

I am bringing a grill too.

Originally Posted by Mafix
    2 step that bitch when he walks around back!

Can you fit that in your trunk?

do we have any more for sure people going or whats goin on with them??
    **6th gen 3sgte st215 swap**

i plan on going too, but depends on if the ride is done by then...

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    i plan on going too, but depends on if the ride is done by then...
    Let us know what we can help with if need be. We are a community here after all!

Picking up some more peeps from other places!

Anyone else have an idea where we can post? I have alltrac.net, 6gc.net, toyotanation.com, celicasupra.com, 1stgencelica.com, st162.net, and newcelica.org. Before Luni get's his panties all twisted, we're hosting this as a CelicaTech.com event, so it's recruitment time for us!
    Last edited by Car_Barn_Bandit; 03-13-2012 at 02:56 AM.

i really don't know any other place to post it up btu we are having this strictly a Toyota meet???

Quote Originally Posted by TRDRACING89 View Post
    i really don't know any other place to post it up btu we are having this strictly a Toyota meet???
    Hell yeah! Celicas, celicas, celicas! If there is a Supra, MR2, AE82 or something similar, I'll live.

ok well im going to post it up on the page of the place that is working on my car(ETL GARAGE) there is a ton of mr2 owners on there and ill try and get some of them to join along as well.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco Eric Barrera is on a distinguished road

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    Can you fit that in your trunk?
    It's not like there is 2 giant subs in a big ported box back there... Geeesh -_-

I'll just fold down my back seats.

Originally Posted by Mafix
    2 step that bitch when he walks around back!

here is also a link to the facebook event i just created to invite people as well on there, i posted it on a few other pages for SoCal car events.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/22941...context=create

Awesome, I'll make sure to add any folks to our list on here as well. As this grows, we'll need to get serious about the BBQ part! I need to check with the park on how many people require a permit.

Scott (sopaynefull) lives up there. He said he'd get back. Guess I better buzz him again and get that info sorted out.

i have a few more people to add to the list, from facebook invites.
    salvador mendoza - 73 Celica
    lorenzo - ???
    (maybe)
    michael koldus - ???
    Bruce Amurao - 94 MR2 turbo

Salvador emailed me while I've been out of town on business. 73' would be bitching to see. Any first gens running at the Dragon? We need two more generations!

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

If the IN guys showed up, we'd have a first gen at the Dragon, but it's been a few years.
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

We have enough people, I'm going to shop around for a shirt featuring the icon from the banner. Anyone interested?

im interested but i think we should have a lil more to add to the design and also the fact that it is a (toyota) meet idk what else at the moment, we should also look into getting celicatech.com stickers..

I'll toy with it this weekend and toss up some ideas. We need stickers and CTech business cards.

Well, life got insanely busy. Just finished organizing a 7,000 person rally on a $0 budget. Bam, done.

We need people to bring food and drinks, so feel free to list what you want to bring so we can PARTY too!

Please email me your contact info (email and phone number) so we can contact everyone if there are last minute changes too.

team.america@me.com
    Last edited by Car_Barn_Bandit; 04-06-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Car_Barn_Bandit View Post
    Well, life got insanely busy. Just finished organizing a 7,000 person rally on a $0 budget. Bam, done.

We need people to bring food and drinks, so feel free to list what you want to bring so we can PARTY too!

Please email me your contact info (email and phone number) so we can contact everyone if there are last minute changes tIdk
    team.america@me.com
    Rally for what?
    I can bring some hot dogs and buns possibly some chips as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TRDRACING89 View Post
    Rally for what?
    I can bring some hot dogs and buns possibly some chips as well.
    Can I get you to bring condiments as well? Thank you sir!

The rally was at UCLA for Ron Paul. We had 4 days notice, no budget, and overfilled the stadium to 7,000 people.

1 week to go! Does anyone have any CTech stuff we can pass out at the meet? I'll make up some stuff if need be! Anyone have a template for business cards?

i dont have anything, i have been super busy as well myself, but we do need to contact everyone on our list and get further information from everyone as well as contact info, have you been able to keep up with everyone from other sites? hopefully everything is still a go for all of them.

and did you ever figure out the situation with the park permit and all those requirements or anything??

if you need help on getting any more information just let me know whats needed and ill do what i can.

Thread Information