CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread

Default 18x8 tires and offset

Hey guys its time for some new tire for my all-trac and im not in love with my current wheel so i wanted some new wheels. I have seen info on 17's but not so much on 18's. If i wanted some 18" wheels what size can i go with that won't rub? Offset? Thank you guys. I am sure i have the widebody

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

+35mm offset, probably a 225/35

I haz 17x8 +35mm and 225/45-17 and it's close.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

18's are too big of a rim for celi's my friend has some on his 6th gen and they look huge

I guess that is why i mainly see info on 17's.... I thought i could fit bigger, wider tires since the fenders bulge out a bit. Oh well. I mainly want some wider tires/wheels because these 205/50/16 pizza cutters i have right now are in need of replacing and sub suck balls.for grip even when they had plenty of tread Yes i have stock suspension and my all-trac weighs alot (im going to guesstimate 3600 with me since i installed my amps and sub) but wider tires alone do help with traction. 17's it is. Thank you guys. Oh yeah, 5x100 right?

1991 all-trac w/ gen3 swap, 14 avalon, 08 sequoia 5.7L , 1969 mustang build in progress and a 87 toyota longbed 5 spd

Originally Posted by The Captain
    I own the car because I didn't want to be like everybody else.

5x100 yeah. I got 225x50 on mine and they grip pretty good. Type of tire makes a big difference, slicks, all season, summer each one has its ups and downs

18s fit just fine. Just do you tire and wheel research then do your math. Rear fenders need to be rolled for any decent sized tire and offset.

18x9.5

18x8

18x9.5
    Coldiron (Cold - Iron) | Dragon Meet OG

| offensivetheory.deviantart.com/
    1992 Celica Gtfour | 2003 350z Track

Too bad they make the brakes look tiny...

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

Thread Information