CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
    Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Default New (old) flaring tool

I have this rust bucket Corolla that I am trying to get setup for my step-son to use - and it has rusted brake lines.

So I have tried patching in some extensions - with limited results.

I remember when I worked on my Plymouth cars - I redid all my brake and fuel lines from scratch - and I borrowed a flaring tool from a friend of mine to do the double flares on double-wall steel brake line - and it worked like a charm. This tool was made by a company named "Papco".

My friend is long gone now - so I tried using the flaring tools you can get from the auto shops we have now - no dice on double wall steel brake line.

I went looking around and found many tools on the internet that were advertised as "Papco type" - but I wanted the "real McCoy".

I found one on eBay - and bid the minimum and waited for 5 days - and I got it.

Here it is - a genuine Papco flaring tool with the anvil for double flares - complete with an O.D. Green canvas case - for $27.

92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

Sweet
    I wouldn't mind finding a GOOD flaring tool cheap, I don't really feel like paying Snap On for thier stuff, but I don't want to waste my money on a Harbor Freight one....

What did you search for it under? Papco?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by alltracman78 View Post
    Sweet
    I wouldn't mind finding a GOOD flaring tool cheap, I don't really feel like paying Snap On for thier stuff, but I don't want to waste my money on a Harbor Freight one....

What did you search for it under? Papco?
    Hey - didn't check this in awhile!

Yep - I searched for "Papco flaring tool". The anvil for the one I bought off eBay is pretty worn out - but I still have a relatively new anvil I had bought in the 80's (my friend had the tool - I had the anvil).

I have never encountered any other tool that can properly double-flare steel brake line.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

http://www.tooltopia.com/mastercool-...googlebase_18u

Nothing better than this. It does it all including metric bubble flares. It's $300 but well worth it if you plan on using it more than once.

Thread Information