CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

well after i get the truck's hg fixed n rebuild the carb thats next.

as much as i love my 3rd gen i wouldnt want to use it as my work car/daily. part of the reason i got the 240 is its cheap, reliable if treated right, parts are cheap n easy to repair/replace. on top of that 5 sometimes 6 days a week usally doing 125-150 miles a day for work is 1 alot of miles, 2 really high possibility of an accident. 3rd gen gets ruined im going to havta go though hell n high water to find a doner body as i havent seen s 3rd gen in yards around here in going on 2 years, 240s pop up everywhere.
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

just been driving her mainly for work.

i have manage to get most of the interior back in, im missing a scuff plate and the pop roof latch broke

a/c works
    radio n speakers are in (im going to evenually rewire em)
    ill probally put my 18s on seeing as i only have 1 good tire on the car ATM

and hopefully today ill pick up my j30 lsd for 60 bux,

it broke, injector got hung open washed out cylinder one, had a slight rod knock upon starting. took the bottom end apart and replaced all 4 rod bearings. 3 were worn but the # 1 was down to copper, crankshaft appeared fine. ill see how she does tomarrow

running again w/ all 4 new bearings. ill see how she does now. seems to idle and run a hair smother and quieter as well.

ill get some progress pics up this week if it stops raining

Well now im at 265k, the motor I reberinged blew the hg so I picked up a 90k motor for 300. I've been trying to fix all the mechanical and electrical bugs before I do body n paint. I'm down to replacing some sensors, front calipers and some small things.

I figured out what made my ka quick. Apparently the stock fuel pump is barely enough for the factory engine and a high flow pump yields a good gain. Also a 3inch exaust is the best for power on a ka, the factory intake is very restrictive as well. After these 3 mods are preformed you get a great powerband

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

Joe, whatever happened to your 22rte project?
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

Basically I have everything for it except the turbo I want, 370cc injectors, and a lightweight flywheel

I will find you and I will kill you. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany has too many green lights. david in germany's Avatar
    david in germany has donated to the forums! david in germany helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road! david in germany helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon david in germany helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

I want to see that one finished.
    BM Dubyou

2009 118i Monaco Blue, 6 Speed Manual, Daily Driver
    2009 335i M Sport Saphire Black, 6 Speed Manual, (Cobb Tune) 370+hp, Alternate daily Driver
    2011 328i M sport, 6 Speed Manual, Titan Silver (wife's Car)
    No Automatics in this family!

I kno, I do too trust me, I'm moving into another house with a lot lower rent/bills so ill be able to afford said items, also I need to fix my truck so I have a backup/hauler cause hatchback ain't cuttin it no more. Plus I can fix the truck for around 200 or less so yea.

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of MrWOT has much to be proud of
    MrWOT has donated to the forums! MrWOT helped get Luni's MR2 back on the road!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 85gtsblackman View Post
    Basically I have everything for it except the turbo I want, 370cc injectors, and a lightweight flywheel
    That's a mighty small injector sir.
    I really like the way aaawelder put it: "do not include yourself in this circuit"

The Ultimate Celica Driver
    Proof of 14.7 required...
    vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09 has a brilliant future vip09's Avatar
    vip09 ran a 14.7 on the Dragon! vip09 has donated to the forums! vip09 helped get Grayscale's Celica towed from The Dragon in 2008. vip09 helped Azzy get to The Dragon in 2009. vip09 helped KM replace his 5-year-old clutch.

Images

That's what I was about to post, lol. A 450cc or so should get you where you need to be if you aren't going to make much power.
    Best GT-S STOCK times: 1/4: 14.788 @ 94.98mph 1/8: 9.640 @ 75.87mph
    Best Alltrac times: 1/4: 12.2 @ 115mph 1/8th: 7.9 @ 91mph

Originally Posted by forgies
    look vip is the ultimate celica driver... He needs a section of celicatech devoted to him!

Depends on what head u run and boost, if I run an N/A head ( which I have a ported and oversize vavle head laying around) Ill run 370-400cc if I run the turbo head and a mk3 supra turbo then ill use the 440cc injectors I have laying around, the 440s are overkill and run rich on the factory ecu

The thing came factory with 295cc so anything is better

Also the factory ecu can only handle somewhere between 12 and 14lbs of boost factory so I'm probably not going over 12.
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 12-17-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Thread Information