CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default well time to build a new daily

well as the topic states time for me to build another beater/daily. the 6th gen has served well but its starting to show its 240,000 miles and injuries suffered from daily battle.

so the new mule will be something a hair more sporty but its not a celica, not even a toyota, Gasp!!.

once again i will be venturing into the world of nissan.

heres what im starting with:
    black 93 240sx se fastback loaded non hicas (non 4ws) with crap seats and light rodknock, picked it up for a song.

i drove it with it knocking for 3 months and parked it.

List of shit thats shot:
    rod bearing #2
    dash
    seats
    center console trim
    shift knob :its stripped
    rr brake caliper sticks
    clutch
    brakes
    windsheild
    door panels and master switch
    nasty carpet
    passenger fender
    ps pump and leaky rack

this seems like a good bit to replace but heres the list of stuff i have due to a free parts car and local 240 peeps

good stuff:
    front ss brake hoses
    healthy 93 ka24de w/assesorys and harness
    dash
    07 tiburon front seats
    passenger seat out of friends 96 240sx parts car
    short shifter
    aluminum rad
    3 inch hks catback
    header
    test pipe
    new autozone clutch
    spare rust free hatch
    18x7.5 motegi ff5's
    spare tails
    black carpet
    door panels
    passenger fender
    maxima front brake setup with 11 inch 4 lug rotors
    almost new rear rotors
    rear calipers
    ps rack
    intake
    window switches and masters
    oem mats
    lowering springs with new front struts
    bunch of other misc spare stuff

and all that except the clutch (gift card) and motor (250) was under 300 dollars

so now i basicly need a seal/gasket kit, waterpump, belts, windsheild, and a paint job (ima sand it to hell then send it over to my friend that works at macco) and im set on this one.

only other future plans is redo the stereo(ill just switch what i can from the 6th gen but will be looking for a newer headunit later on) , run dual exaust cams, and put in a 3.90 vlsd from an infinity j30
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 02-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    94 camry base 5speed, oil pump exploded
    87 yota truck, it runs, it's in beater phase but it's been mobile.
    85 celica gt-s @311k...22RTE will 2016 be the year Joe fixes the 3rd gen
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"U Shoulda bought a 3rd gen"

I've always thought those 240s were nice Nissans. Really it'd be one of the only older Nissans I'd drive. Nice pick. Hopefully its not too much trouble for you.
    Shadow's Minion Army - Storm Trooper

Pics or ban.

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    I was deaf, sore and majorly pissed off

I'll try and get pics up by Monday, I already hung the exaust and started on the suspension. I hope to start tearing the interior out by then.

2/5/11 edit:

shocks n springs are on, no mo 4x4 stance, and turns out the rear shocks are still very good (previous owner seems to have replaced the shocks and springs with new oem stuff)

if i dont get to hammered sunday night me and lil ms puerto rico are going to start tearing the interior out monday and ill try to get pics up.
    Last edited by 85gtsblackman; 02-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.

engine/trans ready to come out

interior is out cept the back seat

going to hopefully finish aquiring/ordering engine parts by monday ( been working almost everyday for the last 3 weeks kinda hard to get stuff done)

ill eventually get pics

The Notorious P.I.G.
    Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho has too many green lights. Hookecho's Avatar
    Hookecho has been to an annual Dragon Meet! Hookecho has donated to the forums! Hookecho helped get Play's clutch job done. Hookecho helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

Must steal camera!

"Pain and despair, damage and beatings, they don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. You've got more punishment in store. Until then, stand it like a man and give some back".

Sorry... I got distracted... MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica has a brilliant future MCcelica's Avatar
    MCcelica has been to an annual Dragon Meet! MCcelica helped get Play's clutch job done. MCcelica helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I don't have any 240 parts to give you. Lol
    Poena Hodie Vires Cras y Semper Fidelis Maximus

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    My coffee, without me, is useless. Without my coffee, I am useless. I must drink my coffee true.
    Shadows Army: Commanding Officer: Yoda Combat Regiment

<-- If it ain't rainin', we ain't trainin'.

yeah i still need to rectify that, hopefully i can at the dragon this year

interior is done cept for the stereo (wiring is done) and i need to dye the back white leather seat black to match the rest of my interior

engine is almost done, just gotta bolt on the intake and odds n ends. ive determined that this engine will not be in the rest of the life of this car unless i sell it soon, well at least the head anyway it needs a vavle job on the exaust side on cylinder one but i need this car mobile by tuesday at the latest. later ill redo the bottom end on the old motor as it ran strong and didnt smoke.

found that the lower control arms, n ball joints were shot in the front so i got some pillowball adjustible ones cheap.

if my genious friend turns my front rotors soon ill install my upgraded brakes tomarrow night.

if its not finished by saturday night im taking sunday - tues off to finish it and do maintance on the beater before it goes to its new home.

Motor is in, hopefully I'll be able to drive it this weekend

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Glad its coming along.

Hopefully you will get some pics too!! lol

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

Days before 2 months later and still no pics. I bet it's a 1/16th scale model RC car
    John
    90 Celica All-Trac, SOLD

I'm in the garage today beginning to re assemble a 22RE engine. I feel Joe should be here.

what r u doing with that engine? i could use it to replace my oil burning motor which now has a bhg

it cranked this morning, ima go mess with it at dawn, timings a lil off and i think i have a vac leak

Vacuum leaks uh, suck?

It's going in my 92 pickup.

When did u get that?

Anyhoo, I missed a main ground wire now it seems to run great. Ps line and high pressure hose are shot so I'm going to use an s14 line n pump. At the moment I'm doing the brakes and tomarrow I may put on my adjustable lca's and proceed to test drive.

today was my last day off untill next monday, didnt go as well as i hoped. s14 hard line broke and kocked a hole in my a/c line, but i have a spare so im just going to use the s13 pump i have and hopefully ill have another hard line tomarrow night and get my front end alighned by thursday then i can drive her.

drove her home, for what it is, its pretty damn quick. now i just need a windsheild, alighnment, adjustible torsion rods and a paint job

do to my job ive gone 2500 ish miles in about 3 weeks, it only broke once injector got hung open and i ended up using a quarter tank to get 15 miles. which resulted in a sub tune up, oil change, and replacing the injector and tossing it into the fire pit.

heres where im at

front speakers need rewiring
    one hatch shock is dead (mini vise grips work wonders)
    i have a slight oil leak (mystery)
    ebay adjustilde front lca are junk (im going back to stock)
    front shocks are crap (have spares)
    lowering springs i got for cheap...are meh, rides like stock just sits lower
    i hate automatic seat belts

despite all this it still is a blast to drive

ive tried loading pics but my comp is goofy, ill try my roomates later on

Do I have to lock this thread until you have pics to post?

as she sits resting at work last week

this thread fails hard.

All that teaser for one stupid pic that shows NOTHING.

You sir, are fired!
    “It's amazing how once the mind is free of emotional pollution, logic and clarity emerge...
    Yet, it's our emotions and imperfections that makes us human.”
    ― Clyde DeSouza,

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco UtahSleeper is on a distinguished road UtahSleeper's Avatar

Looks good from the one pic.

Glad you got a pic in before you hit page 2 lol.

* 1980 Corolla Hatchback (Power project) * 1988 Celica Alltrac (Snow fun project)

I'll post more later, it took me 20 mins to get that up. Plus the interior isn't done n I'm painting engine bay parts

I personally would rather see pics of darkness getting attention........but that is just me

Thread Information