CelicaTech Main Page  CelicaTech Member List CelicaTech Image Gallery CelicaTech Data Garage Chatroom CelicaTech Forums Search CelicaTech Forums Contact CelicaTech
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Lithia Toyota needs your help!

Our website, LithiaToyotaParts.com, has been inaccessible to some users since the very first day. When some people go it, the page fails to load and simply times out. If that applies to you, we need your help!

Our site is hosted by TradeMotion, and we have been trying to work with them to fix the problem for two years. Unfortunately, many customers are still unable to access the site. That's why we are asking for your help. We are looking for volunteers who can make themselves available to TradeMotion's development team so that they can walk through the problem with you. This should give them what they need to finally make the site functional and reliable for everyone. Everyone's input is valuable, but we really need to hear from anyone who can be reached by telephone during regular business hours while you are on the computer where LithiaToyotaParts.com will not load.

If you are unable to load the site from any computer, please send me an email with the following information:
    • Which operating system are you using?
    • What particular version of that OS?
    • Which browser are you using?
    • What particular version of that browser?
    • What time(s) of day have you been unable to load the site?
    • What is the I.P. address of the computer that won’t pull up the site?
    • Has the site been pulled up by you on OTHER computers/devices at the same location?
    • Has the site been pulled up by you on OTHER computers/devices at other locations?
    • Can we have a Trademotion technician email you about this issue?
    • At what daytime phone number can you be contacted by that technician?

If you can help, please make sure that you answer each of these questions as completely and accurately as possible. Again, all input is welcome, but we especially people who can be reached by telephone during regular business hours, while they are at the computer that cannot access our site.

Getting this issue identified and corrected will really help us, but more importantly, it will help other customers by making the website available to anyone, any time they need it. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to go through the motions for us!
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Do you want any information from people not having the problem, just so operating systems and browsers that do work with the site can be documented?
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I gotta say I dont think Ive ever had any issues with the site.
    2000 Absolute Red Celica GTS 6-Spd
    1991 Crimson Red MR2 Turbo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- Shadow's Army - Commander In Chief

Originally Posted by surfergravity
    This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

The Audio Sorcerer's Apprentice... alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx is a splendid one to behold alltracNyx's Avatar
    alltracNyx has been to an annual Dragon Meet! alltracNyx helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

I haven't either.
    ~alltracNyx
    - Shadow's Army - General's Technical Advisor -

I'm not either...

2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo Rally Edition <- no build daily

I was just going to look. With fire. And lightning. And reanimated chipmunks. And raccoons. On fire.

Originally Posted by The Captain

Originally Posted by Murgatroy
    Chaos pulls on Marshall's GT.
    But he has a free hand to grope boobies while he drives....

Originally Posted by andy
    so gay he cant even drive straight.

Quote Originally Posted by alltracNyx View Post
    Do you want any information from people not having the problem, just so operating systems and browsers that do work with the site can be documented?
    I was going to decline, but sure, send me the same info. Just remind me that you ARE able to access to site so I don't get any more confused than I already am. Thanks for the offer and suggestion.
    NOTICE: As of 15 January 2013, I am no longer associated with Lithia Toyota of Springfield.

Aaron, when you get people that cant access your site, you should have them do an nslookup on your site name. See what IP address it points to (or simply see if they can ping it). Ive seen issues before where a host has limited visability with some ISPs because of DNS issues.

Usually if theres a bug in the software, it will be quite evident as youll see a lot of the same behaivor, such as anyone on a certain version of IE, cant see it, or what not. Likewise, if you guys get some standard information bout bugs, I can build virtual machines at my work and mimic software configurations to help you guys test. Just get me whatever information you think Ill need to do it.

This thread is gayer than Richard Simmons singing a duet with Elton John in a bath house.

Thanks, IT whizzurd. Now how does one do that? Sorry to play the ignorance card, but my specialty is not the black arts of internettery.

just open up a command prompt (start, run, cmd or start, search for command) or start, programs, accessories, system tools, command prompt.

Once at the command prompt type ping www.lithiatoyotaparts.com and see what IP address it returns. Or you can type nslookup lithiatoyotaparts.com and see what ip address it comes up with. I get 174.143.109.255 as your IP. I have no issues getting to your page.

Thanks a lot. I get the same IP. The page has always loaded for me as well, which makes it doubly frustrating.

If the customers can ping and get the same IP, then its either a trademotion routing issue, or something to do with Trademotion itself (could also be av software and other things). Theres a lot to consider when troubleshooting this sort of thing.

Works both on Windows XP and Windows 7 running IE 8 (Win7 v8.0.7600.16385, WinXP v8.0.6001.18702)
    I am redirected to http://www.lithiatoyotaparts.com/par...?siteid=215542
    with an IP of 174.143.109.255

Hope this helps.

I play well with others....
    Others, Not you.

Is anyone else having trouble (timeout errors, etc) getting our site to load?

Ultimo Miembro Fantástico Gigantesco 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli has a reputation beyond repute 4thgenceli's Avatar
    4thgenceli has been to an annual Dragon Meet! 4thgenceli helped bring Chaos back to the Dragon

Images

I just was.

WinXP, IE8 (and chrome). First byte took close to 10 seconds and then 20 seconds later the pages were functional.. Cleared cache, tried again with same results. Nothing appeared though during that 10 seconds. After it loaded everything started showing up.

Host Loss% Last Avg Best Wrst StDev
    1. MEEEEEEEE 0.0% 1.0 1.2 0.7 7.7 1.1
    2.MEEEEEEEEE 0.0% 0.3 0.3 0.2 0.6 0.1
    3. MEEEEEEEEE 0.0% 9.2 5.0 0.7 199.3 21.2
    4. MEEEEEEEEEEEE 0.0% 6.7 5.2 1.4 100.2 12.4
    5. ip-206-83-201-195.sterlingnetwork.net 0.0% 1.7 4.9 1.5 71.7 10.8
    6. ge-0-2-0.mdc1.phx1.cirn.net 0.0% 2.6 4.7 1.5 57.4 8.7
    7. vlan101.car1.Phoenix1.Level3.net 0.0% 2.1 12.4 1.6 190.8 30.0
    8. ae-2-5.bar1.Phoenix1.Level3.net 0.0% 2.8 6.5 1.5 99.2 14.6
    9. ae-8-8.ebr1.Dallas1.Level3.net 0.0% 29.2 27.3 25.2 69.2 6.1
    10. ae-71-71.csw2.Dallas1.Level3.net 0.0% 26.0 27.9 25.3 82.4 6.5
    11. ae-2-70.edge2.Dallas3.Level3.net 6.1% 33.0 27.7 25.7 95.1 7.4
    12. RACKSPACE-M.edge2.Dallas3.Level3.net 4.2% 38.7 33.4 25.2 175.0 23.2
    13. vlan905.core5.dfw1.rackspace.com 0.0% 59.9 32.9 25.2 176.8 22.8
    14. 67.192.56.23 0.0% 28.8 28.4 25.2 63.2 6.1
    15. 174.143.109.255 0.0% 43.0 31.4 25.6 162.5 16.1

(pulled from notes I had from my last job about improving first byte times)

In the case of objects with long TTFB times the solution often requires a software-level optimization. It could involve adding a database index, introducing some object-level caching, or a configuration change (such as database connection pooling). Be careful to fall in to the trap of throwing more hardware at the problem to solve these types of issues. While it might work in the short term, these issues almost always are due to sub-optimal software and throwing extra hardware at the problem will be like putting a band-aid on a bullet hole.

In the case of objects with relatively short TTFB times but overall long TTLB times, the solution is usually very different. While there may be a software solution, such as configuring Apache’s connections to be better optimized for the server it runs on, most of the time the root cause is due to network/hardware-related issues. Check with the ISP that hosts the server to confirm the max bandwidth throughput allowed. If the object response is slow during peak times but fast during off-peak times, it may need extra web servers (ie: hardware).
    Jasmine - 1989 GTS. GenIV 3s-gte, e153 LSD transmission, 3" turbo-back exhaust. SOLD

Her Build thread -->

Thank you for the data. I have passed it on to TM and hopefully they'll do something with it.

Running a little warm there... klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold klapa is a splendid one to behold
    klapa has been to an annual Dragon Meet! klapa has donated to the forums!

I am the same as most here - I have never had a problem to access the site.

I also run a linux server 24/7 and just for a lark checked with that - Fedora Core 9 with Firefox - no problems at all.

I agree with Luni - I have seen numerous times DNS problems with various carriers that would prevent access to some sites due to non-resolution of names to IP addresses - probably because of problems with their DNS server.

Another thing I HAVE seen on one particular situation when one of my managers at work could access some sites and not others - that might indeed be the problem - is that he installed some software (or a Windows update) that enabled IPv6. SOME DNS servers do not support IPv6 - while others do.

The difference is that DNS is completely UDP packets - while "normal" traffic is TCP/IP.
    92 STX "Mr. St" - Daily Driver
    91 Alltrac - Project beater fast car
    93 GTS - Project luxury road car

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

I have always been able to access the website fine from my home computer, but my work computer has never been able to access it. I had always just attributed it to the fact that the firewalls or something was blocking it. Unfortunately I work for the US government... so I dont think I can give you any of my information...

It gives me a nice little quote that says this:

"It is also possible that the site is currently being blocked at CONUS-Theater Network Operations and Securty Center (CTNOSC - Army) or DISA (DoD) levels. They block traffic to specific network segments that have posed threats to DoD assets and access"

Aaron, are you a terrorist??? :O
    Last edited by l0ch0w; 12-04-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l0ch0w View Post
    Aaron, are you a terrorist??? :O
    No, I'm just generally unpleasant. But this isn't *my* site anyway - it's corporate's - run by TradeMotion.

I just checked and this is what I got.
    Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Tried both Chrome and Firefox. No cigar.

呉音^ nerdy asian kid 唐音 l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w is a splendid one to behold l0ch0w's Avatar
    l0ch0w has donated to the forums!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Willis View Post
    No, I'm just generally unpleasant. But this isn't *my* site anyway - it's corporate's - run by TradeMotion.
    Haha, yeah, I found out that page is the same as everyone elses unknown webpage screen. Im betting more than likely that its just an issue with the IP not being able to communicate with the servers for the same reason that the other people having this problem are experiencing.

We've been advised that there were been some changes made in the middle of the month that should have rectified the issue. We would like to ask anyone who was previously unable to load the site to try again.

If the website does not load for you, please do answer all of the questions in my first post and send them to me via email. We need those answers to help identify and correct whatever problems are occuring.

I have no issue and i'm using Windows Vista on my old laptop with the latest version of firefox not sure which people have issues but for me it works fine

Which operating system are you using? windows 7 basic
    What particular version of that OS? 6.1.7600
    Which browser are you using? fire fox
    What particular version of that browser? 3.6.12
    What time(s) of day have you been unable to load the site? first time trying 5:27 pm
    What is the I.P. address of the computer that won’t pull up the site? 24.113.13.31
    Has the site been pulled up by you on OTHER computers/devices at the same location? haven't tried
    Has the site been pulled up by you on OTHER computers/devices at other locations? yes/no
    Can we have a Trademotion technician email you about this issue? sure
    At what daytime phone number can you be contacted by that technician? 425-931-4042 after 5 m-f any s&s

unable to create new native thread

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
    at java.lang.Thread.start(Native Method)
    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.ConnectionRunner.f etchConnection(ConnectionRunner.java:42)
    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.create(JD BCPool.java:519)
    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool._checkOut (JDBCPool.java:444)
    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.checkOut( JDBCPool.java:350)
    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.requestCo nnection(JDBCPool.java:720)
    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCManager.reques tConnection(JDBCManager.java:123)
    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.JRunDataSource.getConne ction(JRunDataSource.java:138)
    at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.JRunDataSource.getConne ction(JRunDataSource.java:125)
    at coldfusion.sql.CFDataSource.getConnection(CFDataSo urce.java:37)
    at coldfusion.sql.DataSrcImpl.getCachedConnection(Dat aSrcImpl.java:149)
    at coldfusion.sql.DataSrcImpl.getConnection(DataSrcIm pl.java:103)
    at coldfusion.sql.SqlImpl.execute(SqlImpl.java:214)
    at coldfusion.tagext.sql.QueryTag.doEndTag(QueryTag.j ava:500)
    at cfqry_getCatalogInformation2ecfm1177100283.runPage (C:\Websites\Trademotion\partlocator\_qry\qry_getC atalogInformation.cfm:5)
    at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java :152)
    at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(Inclu deTag.java:349)
    at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.j ava:1915)
    at cfdsp_index2ecfm1070016581.runPage(C:\Websites\Tra demotion\_inc\dsp_index.cfm:6)
    at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.j ava:1915)
    at cfindex2ecfm1181901637._factor49(C:\Websites\Trade motion\partlocator\index.cfm:292)
    at cfindex2ecfm1181901637._factor50(C:\Websites\Trade motion\partlocator\index.cfm:291)
    at cfindex2ecfm1181901637._factor51(C:\Websites\Trade motion\partlocator\index.cfm:285)
    at cfindex2ecfm1181901637.runPage(C:\Websites\Trademo tion\partlocator\index.cfm:1)
    at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(Cfinclude Filter.java:65)
    at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(Applica tionFilter.java:225)
    at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(Requ estMonitorFilter.java:51)
    at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.jav a:86)
    at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(Exception Filter.java:69)
    at coldfusion.filter.BrowserDebugFilter.invoke(Browse rDebugFilter.java:52)
    at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.inv oke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
    at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilt er.java:38)
    at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilt er.java:38)
    at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(Datasour ceFilter.java:22)
    at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(Req uestThrottleFilter.java:115)
    at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:107)
    at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(Boot strapServlet.java:78)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker. java:106)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvok erChain.java:42)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequ estDispatcher.java:286)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(Servlet EngineService.java:543)
    at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable( JRunProxyService.java:203)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRu nnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java :66)

90 GTS Swap
    1/4 Mile 13.83 @ 100.73 mph 250hp 244tq

upgraded FF and the site loads but trying to find a SST it came up with an error. Trying to find p/n 09213-54015.

The system has attempted to use an undefined value, which usually indicates a programming error, either in your code or some system code.

Null Pointers are another name for undefined values.

Resources:

Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
    Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
    Remote Address 24.113.13.31
    Referrer http://www.lithiatoyotaparts.com/par...xt=09213-54015
    Date/Time 09-Jan-12 07:42 PM
    Stack Trace

java.lang.NullPointerException

90 GTS Swap
    1/4 Mile 13.83 @ 100.73 mph 250hp 244tq

Thanks very much. I am forwarding this to Trademotion. They are apparently (I say 'apparently' because they don't tell us anything) performing some site renovations.

Thread Information